Wednesday 25 October 2017

Staying Home Instead

Well, our planned trip to Amsterdam didn't happen this week.  Our dog sitter was fully booked up and getting accommodation with a dog was virtually impossible and would have incurred vet visits for injections, etc., so we stayed home instead.  We considered hiring a cottage in the UK for a couple of nights, but then decided that we would just be going away for the sake of it and not to somewhere that we really wanted to go, so decided not to bother.

In any case, I was glad to stay home, as I'd seen little of the house for the past two weeks and had lots of chores to catch up on before going back to work this week. Going away would have set me back further and created lots more laundry to boot.

So, the past three days have been all about catching up on chores; dog walking, laundry, ironing, Weekly Home Blessing, grocery shopping, a bit of impulse shopping (!!!), etc. Not wildly exciting stuff, just the stuff of normal life really, which can be comforting and reassuring after a busy period.

It's been nice too to spend more time with LB, who has been off school this week for half term. Just hanging around at home with my loved ones has felt like taking a break.

Today, is my last day off before I head back to work for two days. I've got a couple more jobs to complete in order to feel like I'm back on track, i.e. clearing the remainder of the allotment and finishing the pruning in the garden.  I also need to get my glasses mended as the screw holding one of the arms on fell out the other day and I lost it.  I'm hoping the optician will be able to make a speedy and inexpensive repair to them.

This Saturday, there is a Give and Take event on a housing estate up the road, so I'll also be gathering all my donations together and taking them there.  There isn't a huge amount this visit, but finally getting these things out of the house is always very satisfying.

With the busy run into Christmas at the shop almost upon us, it will be good to feel like I'm on top of things at home. I'm currently trying to plan my Christmas shopping too, so that I don't leave it all until the last minute.

Apologies for lack of blog posts lately, but all work and no play has made me a very dull blogger. I'll do my best to rectify that in the coming weeks if I can.

3 comments:

  1. What a shame you didn't get away but maybe it turned out for the best and let you have some much needed time at home. I confess I miss your posts and it is always nice to see a new one pop up in my reader. Your life whilst you have been working pretty much echoes mine so in some ways comforting to know I am not a lazy blogger just time bound like you. Have a good week and come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you didn't get your holiday, but being around LB more than made up for it I bet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely to spend some time with her this week.

      Delete