Tuesday 31 October 2017

Increased Productivity At Home

This weekend, productivity on the home front has increased, which is very encouraging.  Removing all of the things from the spare room really gave me a boost and I started to look around the room at the small piles of sewing  jobs that needed attending to.

There were a couple of cheap scarves that I'd bought from Poundland, whose ends I wanted to stitch together to make infinity scarves, so now that I could reach the plug to switch on the sewing machine, I did these. There were also a couple of small hand sewing repairs to make to a couple of  items of clothing too, which got done and the said items finally got put back in the wardrobe.

I also managed to cut up a few old pairs of leggings to make another big ball of black jersey yarn to knit my fabric scrap rug with.  There's still a few t-shirts left to cut up, which I'll do another time.

The room is now looking decidedly less cluttered, which makes me want to spend more time in there when I next get the chance.

On Sunday, I finally got around to spending a little bit of time on myself.  My eyebrows were looking ridiculous, so they got re-shaped to help me face a new week. When things get crazy, it's the little jobs like these that get overlooked and it feels so good to finally do them.

On Monday, I was also a bit more productive than usual too.  I woke really early, probably because of the clocks going back and decided to get out of bed and do the ironing.  This made a great start to the day, as it got me ahead on my jobs for the day.

After doing a class at the gym later,  I came home and caught up on a bit of paperwork and some personal finances and then this was followed after lunch, by doing my Weekly Home Blessing. It took a few hours, but it was nice to get the house back into shape before going back to work on Tuesday.

The only job I didn't get around to doing over the weekend was the allotment.  There's still a bit of clearing and weeding left to do, but I'll maybe make time to do a couple of hours there on Thursday, ahead of a planned group clear up of the site on Sunday next.

I hope you've all had a productive weekend too.

4 comments:

  1. I know how good it feels to get even one outstanding project out of the way and it kind of spurs you on to get more done. Shame that work gets in the way when we are just getting into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our clocks don't go back until Sunday, but lucky me I live in the one province in Canada that never changes their clocks.

    What a lovely productive weekend you had.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you indeed Jackie. OH hates the clock changes, but at the moment when I have to be out early with the dog in a morning when I'm working, it's so much better when it's lighter.

      Delete