The second half of the week was about getting ready to go on holiday to Mousehole, Cornwall. I had a chill day on Friday, getting packed in readiness. It was nice to be able to take my time and not be rushed. As we were driving down to Cornwall, we could just throw everything in the car - no airport checks or restrictions.
I managed to get all my packing done, water all the indoor plants and then went to the allotment and watered the plants there before we left. I had an early night, as we were getting up early on Saturday to set off on the 6 hour drive to Cornwall.
On Saturday, we set off at 7.30am, We were really lucky and had a really good journey down. We stopped off at a couple of service stations en route and the journey really didn't feel too long. We were also able to get into our accommodation early, which was good. It was a lovely cottage with a relaxed feel, sea views and a small private garden. It was quite a warm day, so we opened up all the windows and it was lovely to feel the sea breeze blowing in.
We spent a couple of hours chilling in the cottage unpacking and then we walked down to a local cafe and rock pool for a drink. Here's a photo of the beautiful rock pool in the village, taken a couple of days later when it was very quiet.
It's a wonderful seawater swimming spot, just a few hundred yards from where we were staying.
We then walked down to the lovely little harbour in Mousehole, before returning to the cottage. There is no food shop in Mousehole, save for the deli, so we went out later to Penzance, to get some groceries for the first few days of our stay, before returning and relaxing on our first evening.
On Sunday morning, we got up early. OH was heading out on his bike and LB and I were heading off to the nearest car boot sale, which was a 40 minute drive away. Many of the car boot sales in Cornwall seem to be held during the week, which is interesting, so this was the only one I could find that took place on a Sunday. It was in Frogpool, near Truro.
It was a nice car boot sale on a playing field in a rural location, and had quite a few stalls. We had a leisurely wander round. I didn't buy a whole lot, but I did pick up 3 items of clothing for £2.50, which I'll post about in my monthly clothing purchase post. I also picked up a couple of preserve jars that need replacement seals, for 50p each, a succuluent plant for £2 and a couple of terracotta plant pots for the garden, which cost 50p each. I only spent about £7 in total. LB managed to find quite a few things that she wanted to buy, so we both had a good morning.
Later, we met up with OH and we all drove back to Mousehole, where we picked up some take away food from the deli in the evening and chilled back at the cottage watching TV.
Our holiday had got off to a great start, with lovely weather, staying in a very picturesque village on the Cornish coast. It felt like a million miles from London and was super relaxing.


No comments:
Post a Comment