Monday, 31 August 2026

A Clean Up and Travelling North

This week has been another week of two halves.  The first part of the week, I needed to clean the house, as LB has some friends staying later in the week. It's been a good few weeks since I gave it a good clean, so it was starting to look a bit grubby in places.

On Monday, I didn't get any cleaning done, as I was out doing the weekly shop. We didn't need a whole lot this week as OH and I were heading up north to visit family and attend a family wedding. LB came with me and bought lots of stuff for her and her friend, who had quite specific food requirements. I spent less than a normal week, which is always good.

Tuesday morning, I headed to the gym for my Zumba class which was good. When I got home, I had some lunch and then started cleaning the kitchen. It was the worst room that I needed to clean, so I thought I'd start with the worst room first. It took me about 4 hours in total to clean the kitchen. I just took my time and worked my way around from one side to the other, cleaning the cupboard fronts, removing everything from the worktops, cleaning them and then putting everything back. It's always very satisfying when it's done, but I can't say I enjoy it.

I then worked my way through the rest of the house, cleaning the vestibule and downstairs toilet, then up the stairs and into the living rooms and hallway. All surfaces got dusted and the floors vacuumed and mopped. I thinned things out as much as possible as I went, and rehomed things that needed it. There was a lot of dog hair on the sofa from our recent canine visitor, who had gone home to the care of a petsitter. It took ages for me to vacuum it off.

Eventually, once the cleaning was finished for the day, I made us tacos for supper, which we hadn't had in a long time, then washed up before finally calling it a day.

On Wednesday, I was up early as we needed to do a tip run and I still had the bathroom to clean. When I got back from the tip, I got straight on with cleaning the bathroom. It wasn't too bad, but needed to be clean for guests. I then had a shower and got changed and packed ready to head off. It was a bit of a busy morning, but by lunchtime we were ready to go. I was looking forward to getting out of London for the Bank Holiday weekend.

The remainder of the week I'll post separately.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding this more and more, there are lots of things I don't enjoy, but equally don't dread but the satisfaction when they're done is huge.

    ReplyDelete