Sunday 23 May 2021

Lockdown W/E 22nd May

It's been a couple of weeks since I've done my usual weekly post. I 've started to write them, but then never quite got around to posting them for one reason or another, so they got deleted and I started afresh with a post for this week. 

To be honest, I haven't been especially productive for the past couple of weeks, since falling down the stairs and hurting my knee. I returned to work after taking just one day off to rest it and now on my days off I've been trying not to do too much to allow my knee to recover as much as possible. It's taking a long time, but it's feeling a bit better and I'm hoping that I'm turning a corner. I'd love to get back to riding my bike to work and going to the gym, but I don't want to rush it, and besides there's a lot of rain forecast over the next couple of weeks.

This week started off a little better. Sunday was quiet and contemplative as usual. I've started to pick up my current quilt again and work on it, which I've been enjoying and I found a new series on Netflix to watch about American fashion designer Halston, which I binge watched as I stitched. I've also been enjoying watching  a couple of TV programmes, namely The Gods of Snooker and The Pursuit of Love, both being screened on Sunday nights.

On Monday, I managed to tackle some ironing for the first time in three weeks and made a good dent in the pile that was building up, so I feel like I made some progress. The house is a bit of a mess really and I desperately need to do some cleaning. I'll get around to it eventually. I'm feeling grateful for any small thing that I get done at the moment.

Monday, was the day when a lot of Covid restrictions were lifted here in the UK and people were able to fly off to certain countries on holiday, go inside pubs and restaurants, visit each others' homes and hug. It didn't really affect us, as we did none of these things, but it's great that things are opening up again, despite concerns about the Indian strain of the Covid virus, cases of which are increasing daily here in the UK at the moment. As a consequence, it's looking likely that we'll get our 2nd vaccination sooner than expected.

Also on Monday, LB finally finished her A Level exams, which was a great relief to her. She's had a tough year or two studying during the pandemic and struggling with motivation. I'm hoping she's done enough to get the grades she needs for the University offers she has received. She's decided to take a year out before starting University, which gives her and us a bit of time to save up some more money to pay for her studies.

On Tuesday, I was back at work. It's been pretty busy over the last few weeks, not in terms of customers and sales, which are down at the moment due to lack of footfall in Central London, but more with regard to the amount of donations that have had to be processed. I had a bad week last week due to a couple of issues that arose and disappointed me a bit. I guess some weeks are like that and you just have to shake them off and plough on with things. 

When I got home, I found that LB had overhauled her bedroom and claimed the sofa that we didn't want to keep. She's had to take her desk out of the room in order to fit it in, but as she's just finished her A levels and doesn't ever use the desk to study at, its not really a big loss. Anyway, the sofa looks nice and cosy in her room and this saves us posting it on Facebook.

Wednesday was one of my days off. I would have ideally liked to have done nothing and gone nowhere, but I needed to do a top up shop for the week and get OH a bottle of wine and a cake for his birthday the following day, so after lunch I headed out. I've had a very spendy month this month, so for the remainder of the month, I'm on a very tight budget and just have £35 left. We will definitely be eating out of the freezer and what is left in the cupboards. I should get paid by the end of next week though, so it's not all bad.

Thursday was work again and it was also OH's birthday. He opened his presents in the morning before I headed off to work. I bought him an extra present from work, a cycling themed board game, which was quite unusual. We didn't go out to celebrate, but he did treat himself to lunch out at a local cafe.

Friday, I stayed home and did very little. I'm just not really wanting to go out anywhere at the moment on my days off. I'm quite happy being a home body. I watched an interesting documentary about writer Amy Tan on Netflix tonight.

Saturday was a very busy day at work. It was the busiest the shop has been since we re-opened, which was good. Overall, this week has been a lot better at work and sales have been better too thankfully. The buses are getting very busy coming home though, which I don't enjoy. I may continue to catch the bus until I start my jury service in a few weeks time, by the time that is over with, I'm hoping my knee will be feeling a lot better and I'll be able to exercise and ride my bike to work again.

I do hope that you've had a much more exciting week than I have.



2 comments:

  1. We have gotten used to being at home, and it's hard to motivate oneself to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still not traveling very much. Not even in our own province. I am hoping that changes, however I will be wearing a mask for the foreseeable future.

    Hope your knee is feeling much better now. Knee injuries are nothing to be sneezed at.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete