Sunday 28 February 2021

Monthly Expenditure Round Up - February 2021

Well, it didn't turn out to be a much better month on the savings front this month, mainly due to having to pay off a couple of largish credit card bills. As a consequence, I only managed to save a couple of hundred pounds, divided between my savings account and LB's college fund, but anything is better than nothing.

I have, however, been better this month on the spending front and haven't spent anywhere near as much on my credit cards, so the bills should be lower next month and I will therefore be able to save more. (Let's hope so anyway)

I did splash out on an ASOS order, a hula hoop, some tape to decorate it and a new cycle helmet this month, but these were the main items. I spent £23 at Wilko this week on bits for the garden and allotment. It was the first time I'd been in there for years and so I found it difficult to resist some of the items they had on offer.

Budget wise, the Food budget went over by £11.87, which wasn't too bad. It would have been worse, had OH not paid for one top up shop last week.

Household also went over by £27.28, most of this was from stocking up on items of food for the dog and a few toiletries. I'm pretty well stocked on these for a couple of weeks now.

My personal expenditure also went over by £91.33, which is bad, but the things I bought I did feel were necessary and probably did help to cheer me up in what's been a pretty awful month. I'm hoping that next month, I'll be able to curb my personal spending a bit better, as there's not much left on my list of wants or needs and no birthdays I need to buy for again.

More positively, the Misc and Home budgets were underspent by £22 and £34 respectively, so it wasn't all bad news and I didn't need to spend much on gifts, save for a few bits for Valentines day.

In total, I spent £300 less than last month, which is quite a bit better. I managed 14 no spend days, which was one less than last month, but it has been a very short month this month. (My excuse and I'm sticking to it). 

Must try harder.


3 comments:

  1. One of the key things with finances is to be aware of your spending even if you overspend so I think you do amazingly well tracking where your money goes and 14 no spend days is certainly a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being under total budget is a wonderful thing. I am pretty sure we will be way over budget next month as we will be having meals brought in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for being under budget! That is fantastic! It's really good to track where your money goes. I seem to have spent a bit on the odd trip to the COOP during being at home but finances were looking good so I overpaid our mortgage by the 3 months.

    ReplyDelete