Sunday 13 September 2020

Post-Lockdown Mile End Vintage Haul - No. 2

One Wednesday, a month or so ago now , after meeting a friend at the gym to try out a different fitness class, I decided to pay another visit to Mile End Vintage.  It had been about 6 weeks or so since my previous visit just after shops had started opening again and I'd been meaning to go for a few weeks.

I did my usual of just filling a small bag for £10. I bought two dresses, 4 blouses, one kimono and two scarves. 

A couple of the items needed some work, mainly the kimono, as someone had taken some pinking shears to one side and one sleeve. I decided I would buy it anyway and try to repair it myself, as it was quite pretty.  Here's the outcome:





You can probably see the repair line of stitches to the front right hand side. It is quite close to the armpit  though, so isn't too obvious, but at least it's now rendered wearable. I'd never be able to buy such a thing for less than £2 ordinarily, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Also part of this haul was yet another pussy bow blouse, in a black print this time.  I don't know why, but I'm very drawn to this style of blouse. This one fits perfectly, so I will be wearing it as the weather cools down.



Another item that fitted, was this ?1950's pink cotton dress. It's a little on the large side, but looks better with a belt. I'm thinking of changing the buttons on this as they are also pink and I'd prefer a darker coloured button. I've got a few options to choose from in my vintage button stash.







I'm thinking the reddish brown ones might look nice and I've got exactly the right number.

The scarves that I bought are pictured below and will be great to tie in my hair:




A couple of the items were a bit on the small side, so I may re-sell them. One was this very cute pink blouse with very puffy sleeves and roses on the placket. I adored it on sight, but it is too tight around the waist, although fits around the bust.


Another item that was too small was this polka dot blouse.  This is so cute too and again I may decide to re-sell it on Etsy or eBay, as I'm pretty sure it's a vintage 1950's original.
(Apologies for the quality of the photo for this one.)



The remaining two items I'm not sure about and may just donate, so I haven't posted pictures. It is still a bit hit and miss when you can't try things on, but even so at the prices I pay, even if they don't fit it really isn't a big deal and is often worth a gamble.



1 comment:

  1. I was thinking some pretty light green buttons would look lovely on that dress... It would have to be the right shade of light green though.

    Lots of lovely bargains.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete