Friday 11 September 2020

More Random Ebay Purchases

It's been a while since I posted about the kind of random eBay purchases I often make, so I thought I'd do another post of this kind.

I've bought a few things on eBay since my last post. As I'm still working on getting the living room how I want it, some things have been purchased to that end, the first of which was this very sweet brass bird candle holder.  I have to admit that I have a penchant for birds and things with birds on them, so when I saw this, I found it very hard to resist.




It could probably do with a bit of a polish, but I have to admit that I quite like the patina of the brass as it is and don't want it to be too shiny.  I haven't put a candle in it yet and may never actually do this, I just like it as a quirky little decoration.

Also with the completing the living room in mind, I bought this piece of furniture the other week on eBay.



We have moved the blanket box out of one alcove in the living room and into the other and it now has the TV atop of it.  In doing so, this left a space in the other alcove, which I felt needed filling with a useful piece of furniture.

As I have quite a few items that I'd like to put into a display cabinet, this seemed to fit the bill very well indeed. It is quite small and has two glass shelves and a key to lock it. I love the design of the glass door to the front which is slightly bowed.
 
We had to collect it from outside of London, but as it was being sold from a seaside resort, we made a day of it and took the dog and OH's bike, so he could ride it back on the journey home. I'm very happy with it, but I have already painted it to fit in with the living room décor.  I'll post about it's transformation when the project is completely finished, as I'm currently trying to find suitable legs to attach to the bottom of it and make it a little taller.

It cost £34 and the legs may cost as much as £30, as that seems to be the going rate for carved wooden legs.  It will be worth it though, as it will  look great when it is finished.



Finally, another item that I recently bought on eBay was this lovely vintage Stratton powder compact. It cost just £6 including postage and is so pretty and in very good condition.  I love it.  Not sure if I'll use it, depends if I can find some loose powder to fill it with. It can always go on display in the curio cabinet!!!

I'll be posting again soon about other purchases that I've made and that I hope will transpire.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love the cabinet and powder compact. Beautiful.

    The patina on the brass is gorgeous.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not clean the brass, it does look good. As a child one of my many jobs was cleaning my mum's brass and she had loads of items, everyone shone for all it was worth, it's a job I hate and I hate the smell of Brasso.

    ReplyDelete