Friday 7 August 2020

More Small Jobs Completed

Before returning to work a month or so ago, I got busy touching up and tweaking lots of things old and new around the house. For this purpose, I bought a tin of gold/gilt coloured paint on eBay, which I was going to use to touch up a mirror.  Unfortunately, the colour wasn't quite right and the mirror had quite a lot of damage, so I decided to use the paint for other projects, including changing the colour of this cast iron door hook that I bought from Poundland. Here it is before I started painting it:



I was hoping to buy another 3 of these and use them in the vestibule for hanging coats on when we re-decorate the hallway, but I haven't managed to find any more in store since. I still like this one though, especially now it has been painted with a couple of coats of gold paint and I will find an alternative spot for it.

The gilt paint has since come in useful for several jobs, some of which I've already mentioned in previous posts. One other job I used it for was to cover some damage on a picture frame in our living room.  There was a small 1cm piece of frame that broke off and that I lost and couldn't replace. I didn't take a before picture, but you can see from the photos below that when I painted it with the gold paint, it made it hardly noticeable. Prior to this it left a white gap.




 
Another job I completed, was to put a new trim on some storage boxes in our bedroom. Prior to adding the new trim the boxes had different coloured trims, here's one of them:
 
 
 
Although this trim is pretty, I accidentally got paint on it when re-painting the box, so I decided to replace it and embellish them both with the same trim. I bought the trim for these on eBay and it matches a treat. It took a little longer than I anticipated to fix it on, as I had to peel off the dried glue from the earlier trims before I could get the new one to stick. Eventually though, they were both done and here are the results:
 
 
 
 
Much tidier and more co-ordinated. I'm pretty happy with all of the above results for very little money spent.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the new matching trim. It finishes the boxes off just perfectly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to get the little jobs done. I like your touch up on the coat hook, and hope you find a few more to match.

    ReplyDelete