Thursday 12 December 2019

Working Week Over

My working week is now over for this week. As I'm like a car running on fumes and can't wait for some time off away from the shop, I arranged with my Manager not to work my half day this week but to work three full days next week instead when we have far fewer volunteers. As a consequence, I now have another long weekend to get caught up at home.

I made a start on the quilt for our dog the other evening by cutting out all the fabric pieces.  I've done them in a brick like shape for ease and don't have to back them with paper, as I intend to sew them together using the sewing machine for speed.  I might try to do that in the next couple of days.

I also picked up an old table runner quilt made from very small hexagons of scrap fabric.  I think I got bored with making this and put it aside, but I've cut out enough small hexagons to finish it now, so I'm going to try to complete that project too over the Christmas holidays or in the New Year. I also still have to finish my larger grey hexagon quilt, which just needs half a dozen pieces attaching before I can fill and back it.

I also have a very nice jigsaw to do over the holidays, that I bought at a local CS a few weeks ago. It's a cute vintage inspired jigsaw that I'm looking forward to doing. Here's a picture.



House wise, I still need to clean the kitchen and bathrooms and quickly run the vacuum around the areas I cleaned the other week and the house will be done.  I also need to write and post my Christmas cards, complete my present wrapping and buy just a few more small items and then I should be done with that too.

Yesterday at work I had fun going through all the donated greetings cards, as we had a few boxes/bags of them. I managed to match most of them up with envelopes, so they can now be sold and I put all of the Christmas ones in the shop.  A very satisfying job, as they had all just been shoved on the top shelf and had sat there for months. At least now we have a chance of selling them.

Donations have really tailed off at the moment, so we are just about on top of most of the work in the stockroom, making it much less pressured at the moment. We're just ticking over until Christmas.  Next week, we'll have a last big push and then I'll be glad to get a short break of four days out of London to recover from all the rushing around and Christmas mania. Just 4 shifts to go and counting.

One of our volunteers treated us to a lovely hamper this week, so we've been eating some very nice biscuits and other treats.  He's such a sweetie.

I'm thinking of taking a week off in January around LB's birthday, as she wants to go to the theatre to see Waitress. I've got quite a bit of leave to take, as I haven't taken any since Australia in July. I'm looking forward to a full week of not thinking about work.

Today, I've been doing a small top up shop and I inadvertently popped into a local CS that is closing down and had 50% off everything.  A CS Haul is coming up, as I bagged some great clothing items and some Xmas presents too.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time at home. When I worked I was so happy to get a long weekend and manage to catch up on everything.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete