Saturday 20 April 2019

Time for a Changeover

My Easter weekend started off in a very slow fashion.  I didn't do a whole lot on Thursday.  A long walk with the dog in the morning, followed by taking some rubbish from the allotment to the tip, after which I dropped into ASDA to do a top up shop for Easter Weekend. Once that was done, it was satisfying to know that I didn't need to go anywhere for the rest of the weekend, which felt good.

The day finished with my watching the David Attenborough's climate change documentary on TV, which was very sobering. I feel empathy with the young people currently demonstrating in Central London, they must feel like previous generations have thrown their future away. Attitudes need to change quickly.

Anyway, yesterday, on Good Friday morning, I had the whole house to myself, so after a lovely long lie in and breakfast in bed reading my current book, I decided to do a seasonal wardrobe changeover. It felt great to get all of my summer clothes out and think about wearing them in the coming weeks.

I divided my wardrobe into two halves; one side for general everyday clothing and one side for work only clothing, to make it easier to decide what to wear each day for work. To try to encourage myself to dress smarter for work, I included some things that I wouldn't normally wear to work, but want to try wearing more in future.

The winter clothes that were clean, were packed into vacuum bags and stored away, but there are still more to pack, as I retrieve them from the ironing basket and laundry over the next couple of weeks. I always feel more organised and lighter once this job has been done, as the wardrobe gets so full in winter, due mainly to the thickness of the fabrics.

Following this, I did some laundry, as LB was running out of clothes and then did a general pick up around the house, returning everything to it's usual place.  This was a precursor to doing a power  clean, as it had been about three weeks since I'd done the blitz of the house, whilst off on leave and it was starting to look a bit messy again. It felt like a good opportunity to do an Easter spruce up.

The remainder of the day was spent working my way through all of the rooms in the house.  I started with the kitchen and worked my way upstairs, vacuuming and mopping and a bit of dusting, as it didn't need too much. Toilets and sinks were cleaned, sofas vacuumed, cushions plumped, windows opened to let in some fresh air.  The house felt much better when I'd finished and now I can really enjoy my Easter Weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a slow day of doing things, we spent most of our day in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you had a lovely day. I got my spring and summer wardrobe out and the fall/winter one put away as well.

    Enjoy your Easter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete