Saturday 6 April 2019

Another Week Off

After my week off the other week, it was back to work last week. I'll be honest, it was a bit overwhelming after being away from the shop for a whole 7 days. It felt like there was a lot to do. I was behind on some tasks, due to spending so much time on recruiting new volunteers/going on leave and there were lots of new work experience volunteers, new interns and new volunteers to train and manage, plus a few difficult customers thrown into the mix.

By the end of the week, however, I was feeling a little better.  The Shop Manager had taken back the reins and it felt like things were back under control again, which was good. I was offered an interview this week for a permanent job at the shop, albeit less hours, but I'm fine with that. This will take place next week whilst I'm on leave, but it's as good a time as any.

In other news, I managed a night out with friends last week.  It felt so nice to catch up with them and their news. It honestly helps to keep me sane, to talk about things other than work.  The wine helped too.

I've got another week off this week to use up the remainder of last year's leave, during which I will spend some time preparing for my interview.  I need to perform well to make sure I am seriously considered for the position, as I don't know who else has applied and I can't rest on my laurels.

Today, has been my last day at work until I know whether I'll have a permanent job or not.  I spent it getting as up to date as possible on all the jobs that have been my responsibility these last 21 months, so that whatever happens, I haven't left a heap of undone work. It's strange not knowing if I'll be returning to the post.  I'll just have to do the best I can in the interview and hope for a positive outcome.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy my week off, especially as I don't need to deep clean the house or walk the dog twice a day.  I'm going to take some time to properly relax, do things that I didn't get a chance to do a couple of weeks ago and we might also be heading up north for a few days to visit family, as we're not planning on going this Easter for one reason or another.

LB is also now on her Easter break for two weeks, so I'm looking forward to spending time with her too and taking her to get her hair cut and to buy a few basic things that she desperately needs. I can feel a trip to the mall coming on.

In addition, I might get out in the garden and tidy things up a bit more.  The allotment is fine, there isn't too much to do there, although I have got involved in clearing a corner of one of my neighbours' plot, which I might do a bit more of this week. (Long story!)

Other than this, my usual gym classes and my interview, I have no plans, so I am looking forward to a relatively free week to do as I please. I might even get around to doing a bit more blogging which will be good.

2 comments:

  1. It would be lovely to hear more from you. I am sure that you will be offered the job - they would be mad not to. It is always the same at work just when you feel you have caught up it is time for another holiday or some big project comes along to divert your attention - I remember it well. Have a lovely relaxing week whatever you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Not that you need it as I am sure that your work record speaks for itself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete