Friday 5 October 2018

The Week So Far

It's been another busy week at work.  This week, I worked my three days all in a row, which is extra tiring, but it's good to get them done and have a couple of days off. I've mainly been catching up with work that was put on the backburner whilst the manager was on leave, as I just couldn't physically do everything that I would normally do.  I'm getting back on top of it though, slowly but surely.

It's been a bit harder to get to work for the last couple of days, due to a burst water main on one of the main routes into London, which has been causing traffic chaos on my bus route. It's meant quite a bit more walking, to get to bus stops that are unaffected by the gridlock it has caused or to get home due to buses being diverted to avoid the gridlock.  Not an enjoyable week in terms of travel. I was so pleased to get home last night, knowing that I don't have to go anywhere for the next two days.

On the home front, little has been done this week in terms of housework, save for trying to catch up with laundry that built up while the manager was away and I didn't have the energy to keep on top of.  OH has, however, finished fitting the new kitchen cupboard fronts, so we finally have our kitchen refresh finished (save for buying a new fridge/freezer and microwave). I need to give the kitchen a thorough clean and then I'll post the new look, although it's not that different from how it was before, as the cupboard fronts are just a slightly different colour.

Family wise, it's come to that time when we need to start thinking about Sixth Form options for LB, so in the next month or so, we are going to need to attend the open evenings of some of the schools in the area, so that LB can make a decision about the ones she wants to apply to. It's crazy that it only seems like yesterday that she started at Secondary school.

LB also wants to throw a Halloween party/sleepover for a dozen friends at our house this year, so I'm still mulling that one over before I give her the green light.

It's my birthday next week and I'm off work on the day, so I might arrange to do something nice to treat myself, although I'm not too bothered about celebrating it in any big way.  We may just go out for something to eat in the evening.  That would be nice.

In the next two days, (I'm back at work on Sunday), I need to do a top up shop and OH and I need to visit the allotment and start to clear it, harvest any remaining produce, dig up the potatoes that are still in and prepare it for the winter. There aren't a great deal of things still growing, so it shouldn't take too long.  We also need to do a tip run (when the traffic abates) with the old kitchen cabinet doors and a few other things and we need to tidy the garden too if possible. In addition, of course, there's more laundry and some cleaning to do if I have the energy, otherwise it will keep until next week, when I'm off from Monday through to Thursday, which is  a good long stretch, so I should have some energy to do more cleaning then.

In other news, I've started some Christmas shopping this week, buying a few small bits from the CS new products range to give as gifts.  I've got my eye on a few other items that I could also buy as gifts, but I'm waiting to see what else comes in over the next few weeks before I take the plunge. I'm just not feeling shopping for things new on the high street anymore, I'd much rather buy things when I know that a charity is benefitting from my money, rather than large corporations that overproduce tat at this time of year.

I hope your guys are having a good week. Have you started to think about Christmas shopping yet or are you trying to avoid it for as long as you possibly can?

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about Christmas seems unavoidable now even if you try not too! It is my intention to start the planning and making gifts for friends that are not part of our family Secret Santa.
    It is funny how the house suffers when work is more demanding and we are always in a catch up position, hope you get back on track soon. A meal out sounds really nice - we are going out to celebrate my brothers 70th tonight.
    Can't wait to see new kitchen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Looking into sixth form colleges ! We have our Autumn sale next week and will be bringing out the Christmas stuff in storage which is masses ! It's exhausting but should clear a lot of stock in the damp rat and mice infested storage garage !

    Have agood weekend x

    ReplyDelete