Tuesday 23 October 2018

Day Two - Monday

Day Two of my week off and I was up and out to the gym in the morning for a class. It wasn't my usual instructor, but I knew the person covering. I used to attend her classes a few years ago, but stopped for various reasons.  Anyway, it made a change to do her class again.  It was quite nostalgic in some ways.

OH came over to the gym with me and dropped me off.  He was taking the dog to the vets nearby. It wasn't a straightforward visit.  There's quite a few issues with her, one being she needs her teeth descaling under anaesthetic, two she's got a small lump on her chest, she appears to have a problem with her ear at the moment and the vet also found a problem with her eyes, so there's quite a bit going on with her that we need to get attended to, which is quite a concern.  We're hoping none of it is serious, but I'm sure we'll find out if it is.  I can see a month or so of repeated visits to the surgery to get her right.  She seems okay in herself, but you never know with animals, they can't exactly tell you if they're in pain.

As soon as we got home, I headed out again to do the weekly grocery shop.  It didn't take long and it was good to get home and know I didn't need to venture far for the rest of the day.  I spent the afternoon attending to food in the fridge/freezer.

I'm trying to use up as much of the contents of the fridge/freezer as I can this week, for a couple of reasons.  The first being the freezer needs defrosting and the second being that I want to start getting bits in for Christmas, so I want to use up stuff that's been hanging around for a while and that I've been avoiding using. As a consequence, I got out some puff pastry to make some flaky mince pies and some red berries to make some more jam, both of which I'll do later in the week and I used up some chicken thighs to make OH and I a nice hearty casserole for supper.

There was also some lamb hearts and chicken livers in the fridge that I'd bought for the dog, which I fried up with some vegetables, as they were going out of date. It felt good to be able to use them up rather than have to throw them out. The dog was happy too, as she got one of her favourite suppers.

Once I'd finished cooking, I did some shredding that's been building up, and put away the laundry from my marathon ironing session on Sunday, then finally I did some online banking, which I haven't done for a couple of weeks. A productive day.  No cleaning yet, but I'm working my way around to it. I'll keep you posted on progress there.


1 comment:

  1. You had a busy day and I am very sure your cleaning will get done ASAP.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete