Thursday 1 March 2018

Make/Save an Extra £2,018 in 2018 - February

Month two of this challenge has been interesting with regard to working towards the £2,018 target for the year.  I've done what I could, but there are still a few areas of my finances that need tackling, which I might attempt next month. Anyway, here goes:

1) This month, I sold a few more items on eBay, the most profitable being a Zatchel's satchel I bought a few years ago and only used once or twice.  To be honest I found it too heavy to carry around comfortably.  It was in immaculate condition and the buyer left positive feedback which was good, so hopefully they'll enjoy it. It had just sat in my wardrobe for most of the time I've had it, so it was good to let it go and let it be used by someone else. In addition, I also sold three other items and decluttered them from the house.

Money earned - £28.05.

2) I agreed with a friend that we'd stop buying birthday and Christmas gifts for each other and our respective partners this year, as we really don't need or want for anything. I've agreed to still exchange presents for the children, but the adults don't really need to continue with gift exchanges anymore. This should save at least £100 this year, which will be a useful saving for both of us I think and was something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but didn't really know how to broach the subject.

Money saved - £100 (and as she put it, it will also save a lot of time and effort deciding what to buy too).

3) I used my Boots loyalty points to buy some concealer, saving £3.99. A small sum, but it all adds up.

Money saved - £3.99

4) Likewise, another small sum of £2.04 was saved by using a 10% off voucher at M&S.

Money saved - £2.04

5) I received another £6.50 worth of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers this month, which I decided, along with some existing vouchers I already had, to spend on some groceries, although they would have been worth three times as much if I used them on other rewards. The problem is, there aren't any rewards that I want to spend them on. Anyway, in total I used £31.50 worth of vouchers on a £32.87 shop, which meant I paid only £1.37 for it.

Money saved - £31.50.

Total Made/Saved this month = £165.58 + £91.27 (total from January) = £256.85.

A slightly better month which takes me over 10% of the way there, but I will need to shift up a gear if I want to be successful in this challenge this year.


2 comments:

  1. Considering you were on vacation could there be a bit of savings on your electric that you could add? I think you have done pretty darn well on this challenge so far.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I'm going to see how far I can get with it. I might not be completely successful in the challenge at the end of the year, but it's good to get into a mind set of trying to earn/save more money.

      Delete