Monday 14 August 2017

This Weekend

This weekend wasn't a particularly productive one at home.  On Friday I did manage to do my Zone cleaning in the kitchen, but failed to do my Weekly Home Blessing, due to doing a more thorough job on the kitchen than I had intended.

Saturday, I was at the CS.  The day didn't get off to a good start as I had to walk the dog, which I don't normally do on a Saturday morning, and as a consequence, I ended up being a few minutes late after getting on the slower of the two buses that take me to work, due to it being the first one to turn up at the bus stop.

It wasn't a big deal as one of the interns had the keys and had opened up, but it did mean that I started on the wrong foot and then due to communication issues, I ended up doing some work that wasn't really a priority for the first hour or two.

The remainder of the day was spent trying to make inroads into a donation mountain, that had accummulated in the two days since I'd been in the shop.  I did my best, but there was still a lot left to sort. It was physically tiring too, so I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home. I had had to spend 10 minutes before catching the bus, trying to find somewhere to top up my Oyster card, as I hadn't had time to do it in the morning and didn't have enough on it to get me home unless I did.

By 10pm I was in bed asleep, after almost falling asleep whilst watching a Spanish Crime Drama on BBC 4.

Sunday, I was up and walking the dog, then out to my usual class, followed by my weekly grocery shop at Lidl and Tesco. By the time I got home it was 2pm, so I didn't get an awful lot else done that day, save for a bit of washing, the ironing and cooking a roast chicken for supper.

Today, I had to drop in to our local mall after my class at the gym to pick up some items I'd ordered in the H&M sale. I tried them on whilst there to save another journey if I didn't like the fit, but they were okay thankfully. 

I did have an extra little splurge in Primark whilst in the Mall and bought a large bottle of perfume for daily use, as I'm almost out of the small one I bought from there a few weeks ago.  I also bought a new back pack, as my current one is suffering from some serious wear and tear, and a new pair of black jeans to replace the ones I'd bought whilst we were away that were the wrong size. Some of my older pairs of black jeans are now looking very faded and a bit scruffy for work, so they'll be relegated to cleaning and gardening wear. I spent £25 in total, but they were all things I needed for everyday and work use.

This afternoon, was my only opportunity to go ahead and buy the new shares that I wanted to purchase, as I'm working or otherwise occupied on the other weekdays this week when the Stock Exchange is open, so I prioritised this task over cleaning.  I think I'm going to roll over all the cleaning to next Saturday, when I've got a full day for cleaning and packing before we go to France for a week next Wednesday. The house isn't especially dirty, so I'm not worried about leaving it for a week. Sometimes life happens and you've got to put it on the backburner.

I'm working Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this week I think and on Thursday there's a little gathering at my old shop in the afternoon, that I'm hoping to attend.  It will be nice to see everyone and catch up.  I spoke to my old manager on the phone last week for the first time in a month, as I needed some help with something and he was very kind and patient in assisting me.

For the rest of today, I'm hoping to pop to the allotment to harvest some crops and then have a bath after supper, ready for work tomorrow. I hope you've had a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You had a very busy weekend. Hope you got to do a bit of harvesting and then got a good nights sleep.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound quite busy both at the shop and at home - enjoy your holiday in France - lucky you - I love France.

    ReplyDelete