Sunday 10 March 2024

A Week of Comings and Goings W/E 9th March 2024

This week started with a long dog walk, one where we didn't have to get back for a delivery and we could just take our time and enjoy a leisurely walk. We were out for about two hours in total. When we got back, after feeding the dog, I made an early lunch, as I was due at work for 1pm.

Work was crazy busy, I think the sunshine had brought many people out shopping and the section I worked was just constantly busy. It did quieten off after a few hours, but it was very challenging for a while. At least the shift passed very quickly, although I was glad to finish and go home to the dog. 

LB had messaged earlier in the day, to say that she was coming home later in the evening, as she was starting a work placement the next day, in East London and it was easier to commute from home. I didn't  object, as it's always lovely to have her home for a few days, but especially so when OH was away.  She got home quite late, but we had a good chat and caught up before heading to bed.

On Monday, I was desperate to go to the gym, as I hadn't done any exercise for nearly a week, save for walking the dog and gardening. I headed out with the dog first and then after lunch, I headed straight to the gym. The weekly shop could wait as far as I was concerned. Gym time was a priority. I had a good session in the gym, but I felt a bit tired and out of shape if I'm honest, as it was probably 10 days since I'd done a gym session. I felt a lot better for it though.

Later, I did the weekly shop at our local Lidl and saved over £8 using the 10% off voucher I'd earned last month.

As I was unloading the car, LB returned from her work placement and it was nice to find out how it had gone. She'd treated herself to a bath bomb from Lush for a soak in the bath later, as she doesn't have a bath at Uni. One of the perks of coming home.

For once, on Tuesday, I couldn't get into my usual class. It has been oversubscribed for weeks now and I often find myself on the waiting list, but I usually manage to catch a cancellation, not this week though. In all honesty, I wasn't too bothered, as I'd done cardio and weights at the gym the day before. plus I had stuff to do before OH came back. Sometimes taking an enforced break can be good, as you appreciate it more when you return.

As a consequence, I could take my time getting up and ready and out with the dog. I took the dog in the car to a favourite spot that is just a little far for her to walk to these days and we had a nice walk..

When I got back, I had lunch and then decided to head up to the sewing room and start a new small scrappy project. It was something that will be useful.

OH returned from Sicily later, he brought me a present:



Perfect for my daily salads and with such a summery design. He usually brings me food or alcohol, but due to my sticking to a calorie deficit, he bought me this instead, which is very thoughtful. I love it.

On Wednesday, I headed back to the gym. I had another good session, despite the gym being busier than I'd ever seen it before.

I picked up my new prescription sunglasses after lunch and did a small top up shop. I'm very happy with them. The transparent frames actually go quite well with my greying hair. I'm looking forward to wearing them when we get some sunshine.



Later, I did some sewing. I needed to hem some jeans for LB and then I finished making this pouch. I treated myself to a pair of Bluetooth headphones when I got paid this month, using the staff double discount, so I got a good reduction on them. They weren't very expensive, but they are very useful for walking the dog and for the multiple walks to and from the gym each week, when I like to listen to podcasts or YouTube videos. LB got me connected, as I don't have a clue. I'm such a tech dinosaur.

I wanted to make a pouch for them when travelling or taking them out in my handbag, so they don't get scratched or damaged. I based this on a pouch I made for some sewing shears many years ago. It's a very basic envelope design and it works well for this purpose. I lined it in a soft varuna wool type fabric from my stash.





On Thursday, I was home alone again. LB headed off to the Midlands for a few nights, with colleagues from the artist studio she's been working at for her work placement, to help out at an event and OH headed into the City to attend a workshop all day. 

I took the dog out, had lunch at home and then took myself out to finish off the weekly shop. I needed to head out to Home Bargains, which is out of town, to stock up on quite a few items we were running low on. I always enjoy myself when I go shopping out of town and I managed to stock up on lots of things that we needed, that tend to be more expensive locally.

On Friday, OH and I needed to do a job in the garden, in readiness for the neighbour putting up the rest of his fence. It involved drastically cutting back a bush. It was a difficult one for me, as it is a beautiful bush when it flowers and there's no guarantee that it will grow back well, but we had to do it and then bag up the debris. It took the whole morning. 

After lunch, I headed out to the gym for my 3rd session of the week. I felt quite tired in this session. I may have overdone things slightly this week, making up for the dearth of exercise last week, but it was good to get it done.

Saturday, I was due to return to work in the evening, after 5 nights off. I couldn't make it to my usual free gym session in the morning, as OH was cycling most of the day and I needed to take the dog out, hence why I went on Friday. The dog and I had a nice walk and then I spent most of the afternoon sewing, which was nice and relaxing, before eventually getting ready to go into work. Work was good, busy but good, a positive end to the week.

It's not been a particularly productive week this week, but I've enjoyed getting back to the gym and having LB home for a while. There's always next week.

1 comment:

  1. You actually had a busy week. How lovely that LB got to come home for her placement....
    The pouch is perfect. And you did have a very productive week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete