Saturday 2 March 2024

A February Charity Shop Haul

I couldn't resist a visit to my new favourite charity shop this week when I did the weekly shop and I'm so glad I did, as I found some really nice items. I thought I'd do a small haul of what I bought, as I love to see a charity shop haul myself.

I spent £22, which included a 50p donation to the cause. Here's what I got for my money:


OK, so this first purchase was a big fail, but hear me out. It was a pair of black PU paperbag style trousers in a size 14. I tried them on and really liked the fit and style. It felt great to comfortably get into a size 14 too. I figured they might be great for work or even going out. After previous experience of PU disintegrating when I've worn it, it was a bit of a gamble, but at £3, it was worth taking the risk. 

I decided to wear them out first to a meet up with friends this last week. Sadly, the same thing happened. The PU just started disintegrating again around the inside leg/crotch area. By the time I got home they were a mess. Luckily I wore a super long sweater with them, so no-one could see. A big disappointment, as I really loved these. Maybe PU is not the way forward for me. They are now fit for nothing but the bin.


Hopefully, this next pair of trousers will fare better. They are from M&S and are a cotton/linen mix. I'm not sure if they've been worn at all as they are in really good condition and the pockets were still sewn up, although I know this isn't really always indicative. They are a size 16 and a little on the large side as M&S tend to be quite generously sized, but I'm hoping to wear them this summer. I may look a little like Rupert bear in them though, but I don't care, I love a bit of plaid. These cost £3 too.

I found this top hung on the rail in the changing room. It was size Medium, and if I'm honest it is a tad snug, but I'm hoping it won't always be. It's quite sheer, so will need to be worn with a vest or other layer underneath, but I loved the pretty sheared neckline and cuffs. So flattering. Also, I liked the button down back. A bargain for £3.



I also bought a brand new pair of H&M Conscious 3/4 black leggings in size Medium. It feels great to get into these sizes as I've been wearing XL for so long. These are always great under skirts and dresses in the summer if I don't want to go bare legged, so was a no-brainer at £3.





Finally, in terms of apparel and footwear, I bought these pretty gold wedge sandals for £4. They are in very good condition and I bought them with a view to wearing them for a wedding later this year. They've got a good sized heel, but the wedge makes them very comfortable.

In addition to the clothing, I also bought a couple of books. They are priced at two books for £1 in this shop. The first I bought was actually one physical book and two audio books by Alan Titchmarsh.


It is still sealed in it's packaging, so an absolute steal at 50p for 3 books, even if I only listen to the CD's in the car. The second book I bought was this biography of Joni Mitchell, which will be a gift for OH's birthday, as he loves her music. It is in great condition and I couldn't resist it. I might read it myself when he's finished with it.



The final few things I bought were a bit random. This shop has a few baskets of what look like Amazon returns. In there, I found these two packets of coloured tissue paper for £1 each. There are 25 sheets in each pack, which I thought was good value. They will definitely get used, as I often wrap gifts in tissue paper for birthdays and Xmas.

I also found this pack of cotton fabric squares for £1. There are 100 6" squares in this pack in lots of different designs. I don't really need any more fabric and I rarely buy any these days, as I'm focussed on using up my stash, but I couldn't resist this. It equates to a metre and a half of fabric or something like that. In view of my love of scrappy projects at the moment, this will add a bit of interest to my scrap collection and I have a new project on the horizon that it will be perfect for. It was not something that I could easily walk away from.


Finally, I bought a new phone holder for if/when I start running, for £1.



and I also took a punt on this lovely pleated lampshade reduced to £1.50. It is in such good condition, but unfortunately it is a tad small for the lamp I had in mind. I am keeping it though as it might yet find a lamp base to call home.

So, that's what £22 bought me, which I think is quite a significant amount. I was very happy with this haul and can't wait to put everything to use. I hope you've enjoyed this post and have found some bargains lately.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great buys. Sorry the pants didn't work out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete