Tuesday 5 March 2024

A Few Favourites

I haven't done a favourites post for a long time, partly because I use the same products over and over, but recently, I've come across a few new to me products that are worth a mention here.

The first couple of things are products to uplift my daily salads. I'm always looking for ways to make my daily salads a bit more interesting and last month I did a bit of research into finding a mango salad dressing. I was inspired by the Chicken and Mango salads that I used to buy from Lidl on days when I was out shopping. The mango salad dressing gave a lovely sweet flavour to the salad and I really enjoyed this treat.

However, these pre-packed salads have got quite a bit more expensive in the last couple of years, so I rarely indulge anymore. As a consequence, I went on a quest to find a salad dressing to recreate the experience at home. There weren't too many out there, but I did find this one by Mary Berry, which is sold in Waitrose. It's not cheap at £3.80 per bottle, but it tastes nice and once opened lasts a month. I've been using this for the last week or so and quite enjoying it, as a change from just using balsamic vinegar. The calories aren't too high either, which is a plus. I probably won't buy it that often though on account of the cost.


Similarly, I came across these Sweety Drop Peppers in Sainsburys the other week. I've been keeping an eye out for these since we visited Lanzarote last year. I had a lovely salad in one of the restaurants there and it was sprinkled with tiny yellow peppers like these, so when I saw these I thought I'd give them a go. Again, they are not particularly frugal at £2.80 per jar, not something I will buy every week. They're not quite as nice as the yellow ones, but do add a bit of interest to my salad, so were definitely worth a try.


In terms of beauty products, I tend to use the same products regularly and just replace them when I run out, but recently, I decided to try this collagen face cream from Home Bargains. 



It's from the Dead Sea Collection range and I've found it to be a really good face cream. Not too greasy, makeup applies easily on top, and it doesn't break me out, so I'm probably going to re-purchase this very soon. If it had SPF too, it would be perfect. I think it only cost something like £2.99 or maybe even less. I have used the hylauronic acid serum in this range too, which was equally inexpensive and it was okay, but I've moved away from using serums recently and gravitated towards a face cream. I know that you can get a gift set of three products in the range for £4.99 in store, which is an amazing price.

I have also been love, love, loving this Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy lately. I began using their handcream in the same scent, but I haven't been able to find it recently and could only get hold of these larger bottles of daily skin therapy. They work just as well as a handcream though and you get much more for your money. What I love so much about it, is that it smells just like chocolate and I love just breathing it in everytime I use it. It's almost as good as eating chocolate. This is going to be my go to handcream from now on, for definite. I think this bottle cost £3.29 or something similar from B&M. It's a keeper.


Finally, another current favourite of mine is this book by John Lane called Timeless Simplicity - Creative Living in a Consumer Society. I put this book on my Amazon wishlist years ago, but never actually got around to buying it and then Vivi from What Vivi Did Next on YouTube reviewed it in a video the other week and it spurred me on to buy it there and then from eBay. It only cost £4, but it's a subject I love to read about and Vivi's review was so positive, that I just had to buy it and read it.


Having already picked it up and started to read the introductory chapters, I know it is going to be something I'm going to love. It was published between 2001-2004, but it is still completely, if not more relevant now. It's a thin book, but with quite small print, just to warn anyone who might want to buy it, but this does not detract from it in any way.

Have you stumbled upon any new favourites lately?


2 comments:

  1. I tend not to change my skin products as I do have really sensitive skin, I quickly react, so I always play it safe. Years ago when I lost loads of weight, I added dressings to my salads, made them very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate scented.... How awesome. The book looks very interesting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete