Monday 1 June 2020

A Small Asos Haul

 


I found two summer skirts on the site. One was this long beige wrap style skirt with side button fastening.  It was longer than I thought it would be, but I do like it and the size I bought fitted well. I paid £9 for this skirt.


 
The second skirt is this button down peach full cotton skirt with pockets. This was from ASOS's own brand and cost just £9.50. It wasn't a colour that I would normally wear, but it also fitted well, which I was happy about, as I won't need to return it.
 
(I wore this second skirt the other day with a black t-shirt and it was very easy to wear, save for the fact that I dropped my foundation top on it as I was getting myself dressed and ready and got it dirty before I'd even got down the stairs. I'm hoping it will wash out ok.)
I did have to pay postage on this order, as ASOS now only offer free postage on orders over £35 and I didn't want to spend and extra £17 just to get free postage. 
 
On the subject of summer clothes, I've been dressing a bit more summery this last week. Track pants are a bit thick to wear on very hot days, so I've been wearing skirts and dresses, which is a departure for me during lockdown. It's actually felt quite nice to make a little bit of effort to wear something else. I am on the hunt on eBay for a few more skirts for the summer, I've got my eye on a couple of very nice ones at the moment.
 
I also altered another button through summery skirt that I was going to donate to charity. I bought it from a charity shop before lockdown, despite the fact that it was too big and too long. In my mind I was going to alter it to make it fit, but then decided against it and put it in a bag to re-donate. Last week I pulled it out again and finally got around to cutting a good six inches off the top and creating a new elasticated waistband, which both helped to make it fit better and shorten it. I had to do it by hand as my sewing machine has just about packed up at the moment, but it was surprisingly easy. I wore it the following day and it was so comfortable to wear. It's currently in the washing basket, but when I get a few more summer clothes I'll do a post about my current summer wardrobe.
 
What have you been wearing during these hot days?

2 comments:

  1. I may have ordered 2 pairs of sandals from Clark's online sale yesterday, so you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your two new skirts, and they were a good price too I think (trying to do the $conversion!). I'm trying to get my winter leggings and tops on Ebay but can't find much for winter. Even the stores here don't seem to have the nice thick and warm jumpers that I wear at home. Hopefully they will get some in soon. They are having sales of summer styles, but it's cold here in Sth Aus. now.

    ReplyDelete