Thursday 4 January 2018

Feeling Ready

I'm still on two weeks' leave from the CS and I have to say that I'm not really making the most of my time off.  I just don't seem to have any motivation to do much at all. It's not necessarily a bad thing.  I view it as a sign that my mind and body maybe just need the rest and I'm letting them lead the way.

It's quiet here in London, I don't think everyone has returned following the holidays, especially where I live. There's hardly anybody about, which in some ways is nice, especially on those days when I go out with the dog and don't want to see or speak to anyone.

I did do a bit of cleaning yesterday, mainly in the kitchen, which made me feel a bit better.  I'm feeling very reluctant to take down the Christmas decorations though.  They make the living room feel cosy and I'm not looking forward to how sparse the room will look once they're gone. I'll probably leave it until Saturday and do the Twelfth Night clear up. OH, can't wait, he's looking forward to it.

I've been having some gastric problems too since New Year's day.  I think my body might be telling me to stop eating red meat, as the issues seem to occur when I've eaten it. I virtually cut it out altogether last year and have subsequently relapsed, so I need to try to cut down again.  It's difficult when other people in the household enjoy eating it and I don't want to get into making different meals for different people.  As a consequence, I've been looking through recipe books this morning to get some ideas of things I can make and eat that will agree with my digestion more and that everyone will be willing to eat.

I did my first class of 2018 at the gym this morning, and felt a bit better as a consequence. I just need to shake off all of the Xmas overeating, which I vow not to do each year, but still continue to do and just get active again. I feel like a sloth. The last of the food gifts have now been eaten, so from here on in it should get better, providing I don't buy any unhealthy stuff in.

I officially start back to work on Sunday, which suits me as it's a short day. I am probably going to go in tomorrow for a few hours though and help with the backlog that's built up over Christmas.  It will be good to go in without any responsibility and find my feet again before I start back proper. I think I'm ready to get back on that particular horse and move forward with it again.


5 comments:

  1. It is best to do what a persons body tells them to do. You probably need the rest.

    I plan on taking our tree and decorations down on Saturday as well. Then again I may change my mind and take them down on Sunday after church.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My decorations are down and away. A wise person told me that it isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Year that matters. It is what you eat between New Year and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I packed the decs away today, the room is much lighter as our tree was infront of the patio doors, I have loads of fake candles ready to go on once the light goes, but as we are haing a sunny day it is nice to look at the birds in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the decorations down on New Year's Day something I never do but it felt right this year. I have cut back on food and drink and will continue it as can feel I've lost a bit of weight, no battery in the scales !
    I hope all goes well at the shop and you get into your routine again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Animals generally hibernate in the winter - I often think we should too! It has been so gloomy here I have had to have a light on in our office which is the brightest room in the house so I could do some work - our budget - it is quite disheartening too as fast as we are economising prices are rising! Enjoy your rest and prepare for work on Sunday.
    On the digestive front have you tried taking digestive enzymes which do as they suggest - Solgar make a vegan chewable one mint flavoured - you can take one with a meal each mealtime or just when needed - because I have thyroid medication for under active thyroid (well I have no thyroid really) I find my digestion of some foods very slow and these do help. Aloe Vera liquid too is good. x

    ReplyDelete