Saturday 9 September 2023

A Much Needed Sunday Out and About

On Sunday, OH was riding in a cycle cross event in East Sussex and encouraged me go along and make a day out out of it. We set off at about 9am and after a bit of a detour due to traffic, we were out of London and on our way to the south coast.

On the way, we stopped off at a Car Boot Sale in a place called  Sayers Common, which was very close to Hickstead (of Show Jumping fame). I had just half an hour to take a look around and it was a big boot sale.

I took myself over to the furthest away stalls with a view to working my way back to the car. In all honesty, I didn't even finish looking down two rows, as the time went so fast. Luckily, the first row of stalls saw me spending nearly £10 within minutes, as they miraculously had items in my size and to my taste.

Here's what I spent my £8 on:



The most expensive item I bought was this pair of dark denim M&S cropped jeans for £4. They were a bit of a gamble and I had to wait until I got home to try them on. The fit, however, was good and I liked the dark denim colour. I was just not quite sure how I felt about them being cropped. Probably okay for the summer months to wear with sandals, perhaps not with socks though!


From the same stall, I bought this grey tie dye single quilt set for £1. I thought LB might like this for uni.


I also bought two bucket type hats for OH for £1 for the two. I ended up wearing this one for the afternoon, as it was so hot and it gave me a bit of respite from the sun. I liked the little pocket on it.


At the next stall, I bought these lovely silver sandals for £2. They've had a little wear, but not too much and they we're pretty comfortable when I tried them on.


My final purchases came from a 3rd stall where I bought this large scarf that will make a nice sarong to wear on our next beach holiday (whenever that might be). It cost 20p. Then, finally, I bought a couple of packets of vintage pins for 20p each too.


I then just had time to get a sausage bap for lunch and we were off again. Here's a few photos from the afternoon:


I had to get the umbrella out to keep the dog cool, as there was no shade to be had anywhere. Luckily, there was a bit of a breeze at times.



It was a lovely backdrop though, of the South Downs.

Once OH had finished his race, we headed down to the beach near Worthing. There was a gathering of the Southern Mini Owners Club in Worthing. It made me feel very nostalgic, as my first car was a Mini. After having a good walk around, admiring all of their cars, we then took a stroll along Worthing Pier,





before stopping into a bar for some food. Dirty chips and 5 bean chilli for me, so the diet went on hold today, for the first time in ages. Got to be done sometimes.

It was almost 8pm by the time we got home, tired, but happy after a nice day out.

.



 

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have liked the beach bit better than sitting in the sun, good bargains.

    ReplyDelete