Tuesday 12 October 2021

Weekly Blog - W/E 9th October 2021

This week started in a slightly more productive mode. After walking the dog on Sunday morning, I came home, had some lunch and then decided to do a bit of re-potting of some of my houseplants, into the plant pots that I'd bought at work yesterday.

I then decided to finish of changing over my wardrobe for the Autumn/Winter. I'd started this job the day before, but needed to get my winter clothes out from their storage place, which I did today. Some of them didn't make the cut and went straight to the donated bag, but most went into the wardrobe. 

I've changed the way I organise my wardrobe this year, by putting all of the clothes that I regularly wear for work at one side, so that they are easy to pick an outfit from. Cycling to work limits what I can wear, so I tend to go for loose dresses that don't ride up, worn with leggings or tights (and cycling shorts) underneath or alternatively trousers and tops. I'm hoping this will make life a little simpler each morning before work.

Talking of clothes, I have earmarked a new winter coat at work. It's very expensive at £80 (originally over £400), but it is made from Goretex which is fully waterproof. It is full length, padded, washable, has a hood, and fits well, so should be perfect for dog walking and keeping warm in the colder months. I've persuaded OH to buy it for my birthday this month, as there isn't really anything else I want or need at the moment. It's a few years since I've bought a new winter coat, so it's quite exciting.

On Sunday afternoon, I sat and watched Strictly on catch up. I'm not following it closely, but I do like to watch everyone's journey through the show and see their progress.

Monday was a very quiet day, I went to my Zumba class as usual, and thoroughly enjoyed it, followed by the weekly shop on the way home.  After lunch, I did a few hours of ironing to get to the bottom of the basket. I watched a new limited series on Netflix as I did it, called Maid, about the struggles of a young mum leaving an abusive relationship. It was really good.

Tuesday, I was back at work. It was a fairly productive day, but spoiled by the antics of one particular customer that I won't go into detail about here, but stealing from a Charity shop is never a good vibe.

On Tuesday night, I was home alone for a while when I got in, as OH was out at the velodrome and LB had gone out to meet some friends. I helped myself to a quick supper and then watched a few more episodes of Maid on Netflix. It's quite hard to watch, because as soon as the main character gets a break and starts to pull herself out of her difficulties, those around her manage to drag her down again, but it is nevertheless a really good watch.

On Wednesday, the morning was taken up with the usual dog walk, followed by lunch. I had arranged to meet some friends again at our favourite Persian restaurant at 5pm for an early supper. We're making it a monthly occurrence rather than the previous 3-6 monthly meet up. Not sure how long this arrangement will last. Before leaving, I did a few jobs i.e. a bit of bill paying and financial stuff, I did the washing up, put away some laundry and then got myself ready. I left quite early as I had to catch a bus there and I also wanted to do a few errands on my way. 

Our meal was very nice and we had a good chat and catch up. I suspect we'll meet once more before Xmas, which is fine by me as it is getting busier in the shop in the lead up to Christmas.

On Thursday, I was working, not such a productive day as I was chatting a lot to some young volunteers we had working with us and was not quite as focussed as I usually am. It didn't feel like I got as much done as I normally do. 

Friday, I stayed home save for walking the dog, very boring day. Later I made Tapas for supper as it had been a Spanish week at Lidl and they had lots of great tapas foods. I even got us some chocolate filled churros for dessert which were very nice indeed. I finished watching Maid this evening, it did have a positive ending. Not sure if there'll be another series, but I've enjoyed this one.

OH went out to the pub for a couple of hours tonight for a cycling friend's birthday, I stayed home with LB as I needed her to cut my hair, which she did. It was long overdue.

Saturday, I was back at work as usual. A fairly productive day but a very good one for sales and a very good week too, which was a positive end to the week.

 




 

2 comments:

  1. Our local charity shop has got the notice back on the door 'No More Donations' they must be swamped yet again! You work so hard in the shop and deserve good sales all that sorting and displaying and pricing it is much harder work than when I ran a boutique (as they were then) and all the clothes came in for the new season in a matter of about 1 month all ready to hang up and the pricing was easy as you just added your mark up to the whoesale cost plus VAT. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gortex is lovely and will keep you warm and dry. That is a very good buy.

    Sorry the antics of one customer made the day a hard one at work. Stealing is just terrible, especially from a charity shop.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete