Monday 20 January 2020

Dance Mad

I'm really enjoying my dancing at the moment.  In fact, so much so, that last Wednesday night when I went to my usual beginners class, I decided to stay on and do the next level class which followed on.

The fact that the friends I'd hung out with previously, had not enrolled this time around, made it easier, as there were no visits to the pub after class to distract me. 

I'd seen a video sent out by the teacher, to remind everyone in that next class what they'd learnt last week and I felt that maybe I could cope with the class, after three months of attending the beginners class, so I asked her if it would be ok if I  tried it and she was fine about it.

I have to admit, the second class was a whole new level of exertion, but I liked that about it.  It felt like I got a really good work out, both physically and mentally, and actually, I don't think I fared too badly and managed to have a good go at all of the more complex steps we were taught or that were revisited. As well as 20's Charleston, we learned some Josephine Baker moves and some Black Bottom moves. You can check this dance out on YouTube if you're interested.

It felt good to push myself on and try to progress a bit more, so I'm signing up for the rest of the block and doing two classes each week, at least for the next 3 weeks.

In addition, I've finally booked a Lindy Hop workshop, to learn how to dance with a partner, and will be doing that in a couple of weeks.  It's for a full afternoon. OH paid as part of my Xmas present, bless him. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you luck on the Lindy Hop class. It seems like you are having a great time and all that wonderful exercise.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete