Monday 1 July 2019

Floral Fancies

I thought whilst I was in the mood for blogging that I'd create another quick post about lovely flowers in the garden and elsewhere. It always feels more summery when the flowers start coming out and it feels like it's been a long slow road to summer this year, compared with the early onset summer heatwave we had last year. Our garden has been slow to get going, but a few things have come through.

The first garden revelation was my orange blossom.  I have to admit that I didn't prune it last Autumn, so it was a bit crazy this year, but I loved that about it. Wild and magnificent.  Here it was in all it's glory (all the flowers have died and petals dropped now!!)


Just yesterday some lovely self seeded red poppies started flowering.  I caught a quick picture as they never last very long. OH wanted to pull them out of the raised bed and he did pull some out, but I insisted on keeping most of them until they flowered and I'm glad I did as they are glorious.


The baskets that I planted with pink geraniums are also doing much better.  They were also slow to start flowering well. They add a nice splash of colour to the decking.


On account of my peony not flowering this year, when I saw these beautiful peonies in Lidl for just £3.50, I couldn't resist.  A few days later and they are opening up beautifully. I just love them.  Well worth the money if you ask me.


I hope your garden is blooming.

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking lovely - I have those poppies sprouting up everywhere in Scotland - I love them and when the heads are dried I shake the seeds all over so I get more next year.
    I went to buy Peonies in Sainsbury's but they were not in good condition. I might cut just one from my garden but they are nearly over now - the rain made them all droop and then the petals begin to rot with the wet. Shame some things don't last long.

    ReplyDelete