Sunday 12 May 2019

Recovering

I'm half way through my days off this week.  Luckily, the way the rota worked out, I have 5 days off in a row, which is great. 

The first two days, however, I've spent recovering from a cold and decompressing from work.  I had to go to a very intense training session on Tuesday, and from Monday was struggling with a cold and not sleeping well, so when I left work on Wednesday for 5 days, I knew that I just needed to rest and not have any high expectations of myself.

As a consequence, I spent quite a bit of time watching Netflix and YouTube, but I managed to find a few great films to watch which were very entertaining. At the moment we're really enjoying watching The Looming Tower on BBC1 on Fridays.  A great series. Everything else we were following seemed to end the other week, so there's not much that we're watching at the moment, which is when Netflix comes in useful.

Anyway, I thought that one day resting would be enough, but it took another day until I felt up to doing much at all. On Saturday, however, I was feeling much better and got on with a bit of cleaning, starting with the kitchen and working up through the ground floor or the house The upstairs will have to wait for another time.

I've enjoyed the fact that we've had some rain this week. Everywhere really needed it. The ground was very dry and needed a good soaking before we get some warmer weather. The garden is really greening up now with bits of colour here and there, but food growing has really got off to a slow start this season, especially our lettuce seedlings.  As a consequence OH bought two trays that were a little more advanced to put into the allotment.  They were good value at £3 each for 20 plants, but it's not something we usually do.



Anyway, we made it to the allotment this afternoon and most of the lettuce plants were transplanted, along with OH's carefully raised tomato plants.  I'll do a separate post with photos when I've taken some.

I hope everyone's had a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been ill. Hope you feel better soon. I love seeing plants- hope they thrive!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better. That was a great purchase for the lettuce starters.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete