Saturday 6 January 2018

My New Phone

Anyone who's read my blog for a while, will probably know, that I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology.  In an attempt to bring me into the modern age, OH bought me a new phone this Christmas. It's the same brand as my previous phone, but with a much better and more current operating system (if that's the right term to use).

It's a very nice phone, but I don't know if I'll make good use of it's potential.  It has, however, caused me to get to grips with a few new apps, which is a good thing. I've joined What's App, which is very useful for contacting LB when I need to. I feel like I've finally joined the party, although I don't really know what to do with myself now I'm there, if you know what I mean.




I've also signed up to Castbox, which is an app for listening to podcasts. I came across it after watching a new favourite YouTuber Gillian Perkin's video on Android apps that she uses. It's working for me and I've subscribed to lots of interesting podcasts that I can now listen to on the bus to or from work.

Yesterday, saw me listening to the end of an Oprah Winfrey interview with Gretchen Reuben and then another with Cheryl Strayed, author of that wonderful book I read a couple of years ago, Wild. Very entertaining on the bus journey to the shop.

I'm know I'm going to really enjoy indulging in this new activity, as it will provide a little pocket of me time on my commute, which should make the journey pass a little quicker uses my commuting time more efficiently too.

Other than this and the fact that I've downloaded a pedometer app, so I don't need to buy another one, I don't know if it the phone is going to change my life too much. Although, having a camera whose pictures are easier to download should make life easier, and I'm looking forward to using that more now that I have it.

Are you like me and need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the present day when it comes to technology?

5 comments:

  1. I am probably worse than you - I use the computer all the time and am quite proficient - at work I have to do maintenance and scripting on the software.
    But give me a mobile and I am lost - I only have a pay as you go but never use it (I only use about £10 over a year) - my daughters contact me through their dad's phone and he passes the message on LOL. I haven't got any Apps either - I do need to sort this out I suppose but I don't feel the need for them so never get round to it.
    So if you think you have only just joined the party and feel a bit behind just think of me and you will see you are actually streets ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that what you've never really had, you don't miss, so why worry. I couldn't even ring my daughter on my old phone as I had the wrong number in it and didn't even realise. I just used to reply to texts she sent me.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder if I can find a pedometer app for my phone. Like you I was using a very old phone and got a new one from Harvey for Christmas. I am just getting used to the basics right now, but your new downloaded apps have me thinking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention this as I got a smart phone yesterday ! My old phone was dying. A friend put in what's app so I can keep in touch with Jess on her travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like cast box too.

    I use my phone a lot but only for a few things. I feel a little behind the times as even my parents use Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp but I don't.

    ReplyDelete