Saturday 14 January 2017

A Small Household/Food Haul

My order from the new online ethical/organic company arrived as notified on Friday. The delivery service was exceptional and only took a couple of days.  It would have been quicker, but I delayed a day as we were going to be out.

Here's the box. I love getting parcels, even if it is just groceries.  It feels like Christmas opening them.



The items inside were well packaged with biodegradable packaging, which I reuse for my eBay sales for the most part.  Once removed, here are the contents of the box. No messy spillages this time thankfully.



I separated out the household/toiletry products and food products to show what I ordered.



The household order included 5 litres of my favourite eco laundry liquid, eco kitchen towels, 500mls of a new to us natural shampoo that I wanted to try and 15 bars of natural hand made soap.  They actually sent 20 bars, so I need to let them know that they sent too much, which I will do the moment I get a chance.  I'm happy to pay for them, although it was their mistake, as they'll get used eventually. This isn't actually my usual brand of soap. I prefer the Suma natural soap, but this brand, which is very similar, was on offer at £1.49 per bar, which was a really good price as they are normally over £2 everywhere I've seen them. Hence why I bought such a large supply.



The food part of the order contained the items above. As you can see the 3kg bag of rice is huge. We do eat quite a bit of it here though, so it will all get eaten eventually.

Overall, I was very happy with the order. I was also offered 10% off my next order if I order again within the next 6 weeks, but I don't think I'll need anything that soon. I'm pretty sure I will be ordering from them again at some point in the future though.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad your purchase came through unscathed. I still can't believe that the other company did not even acknowledge your complaint.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They acknowledged my initial complaint but when I sent photographic evidence, they didn't get back to me. Maybe they thought I'd made it up and staged it or something. Their loss.

      Delete
  2. A lovely parcel of goodies to open x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried ecoleaf laundry liquid but we use some of their other products. I emergency bought some regular laundry liquid recently as we have been using soap nuts but I've had a couple of things smelling musty due to having to dry things indoors. Might try ecoleaf next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it does a good job. It doesn't have a strong smell, but seems to clean well which is the important thing and is reasonably priced too.

      Delete