Sunday 20 March 2016

Preparations

A week from now, we should hopefully be sunning ourselves in Tenerife, all being well.  I've just checked the weather forecast and it is going to be in the low 20's celcius this week, rising to 23 degrees when we arrive on Saturday.  Sounds good. I can't wait.

After getting most of the re-organising of the bedroom storage completed this weekend, this coming week I'll be focussing on getting ready for our trip.

The first job will be to get OH's help to lift the summer clothing suitcase from the top of the wardrobe.  It's too heavy for me.  It contains, not just summer clothes, but numerous items I have kept in the hope that I might fit into them again one day.  A sad folly I fear.  Anyway, I've decided that most of them can be donated as I've kept them for more years than I can remember and I still can't fit into them, so this time when the suitcase comes out, I'll be doing a bit more decluttering, as well as getting ready for our holiday.

I will then be moving the remaining stored clothes into the bed base, so there is less visual clutter
around the room and the old suitcase that contains them will be donated, as I will be using storage bags instead, to reduce the weight of the load.

I've left it quite late in the day for me to start packing for this holiday, normally I start packing my case a good few weeks before any trip and then chop and change the contents, but due to the impending bed delivery, I didn't want to clutter up the room any more than necessary.  It will be good to finally start the process though.

I haven't bought anything new for the holiday, apart from a couple of bits of clothing and a new suitcase, all for LB.  I'm just going to make do with what I have, which should be fine.  I'm deliberately taking a slightly smaller suitcase this time, (although not cabin size) as I always over pack and we're only away for a week.

I'm starting to get a bit excited now.  I don't think I've ever spent Easter anywhere but in the UK.  I will of course be taking a few small eggs to celebrate, so long as they don't get crushed en route.

No comments:

Post a Comment