Tuesday 30 June 2015

June Round Up and Getting Tough on Stuff in 2015

June has been a bit of a mixed month with some really enjoyable things and some not so enjoyable things happening.  Financially, though, it has been another quite tricky one. I've had to get a bit creative to stretch the budget, but due to a few vouchers for both online and offline grocery shopping, I've done okay and in the process, have managed to acquire a cupboard full of staples to use in the coming months.

I've also enjoyed finally starting to harvest food from the allotment, starting with the gooseberries, rhubarb and lettuce.  Later in the month I began harvesting some potatoes and got a small crop of blackcurrants from the garden at home.

I did indulge in the purchase of a bikini this month and I also treated myself to an afternoon herbal workshop at a local museum, but it was money well spent and I enjoyed every minute of it.  It has inspired me to try to make several more homemade beauty items this month too, which has been fun.

As posted, I had quite a few problems with my new beauty regime this month and was feeling quite despondent after 3 weeks of skin breakouts.  I'm pleased to say that since returning to my usual Witch Hazel formula, these have receded and my skin is virtually back to normal, which is a huge relief. I've even gone back to using the Neal's Yard moisturiser, which I haven't been able to use for a few weeks as my skin was oily enough.  I've decided that I do actually quite like this moisturiser and find it does agree with my skin, even though I find the formula quite unusual, shall we say.

I bought OH a few small presents for Fathers Day.  Mainly consumables such as chocolate, toiletries, coffee, wine, etc. and I'm slowly converting him to bamboo socks too. I'd noticed that the two pairs I bought him for his birthday are now constantly in use, which is encouraging.  They're not cheap, but they are so soft, warm and comfortable to wear.

The decluttering has also gone well this month and lots more things have found their way out on to the decluttering pile.  I haven't as yet removed them to the charity shop, but it is on my 'to do list'.

The monthly total of items gathered is 141, taking my yearly total so far to 859. I'm getting close to the 1000 things I challenged myself to declutter and remove from the house this year. I think that once I've reached the 1000 items, I will continue with the challenge, but will try to remove at least the equivalent one item per day.  I'm hoping that this will help to keep me motivated to continue decluttering and prevent any build up of stuff in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I am falling behind on the decluttering here. I think that this month I only managed to add another 25 items to my total.

    On the other hand I am quite happy about using up items in my various stashes before thinking about running out and buying something.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are and have still done very well. There does come a point where you start to run out of things you're happy to donate. I haven't quite reached it yet but I don't think it will be long. This month's total was boosted by a large bag of various balls of wool which I counted individually.

      Delete