Sunday 15 March 2015

A Productive Week

Last week felt like quite a productive one in our household.  OH started the ball rolling by re-turfing the garden last weekend and spurred on by his efforts, I made more of an effort inside the house, managing to finish some jobs that I'd been meaning to do for a while now.

It's great when getting a particular task finished, actually inspires you to move on to new tasks that you've been procrastinating over. Following the completion of my bedroom blitz, I felt like I could finally get on with some other jobs that I needed to do.  The hall, stairs, and landing were hoovered and mopped, the kitchen floor hoovered and mopped. I did some shopping for some Easter eggs that I need to send to family in Australia and I finally listed some outgrown clothes of Little Bird's on eBay, which I've been meaning to do for an age.

What with the baking and selling of a few things by Little Bird at the table top sale on Saturday, it's been a collaborative effort this week and it feels good.  The table top sale went okay, save for a bit of a misunderstanding as to whether someone had handed over a £10 note or not, which meant the girls ended up being out of pocket by £8.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but would hate to think that someone took advantage of the fact that the girls were not being supervised by an adult. It was, however, a useful learning experience for Little Bird, in relation to the care required when handling money.

In spite of this, quite a few items were sold, and quite a few things came back from the sale. As Little Bird had decided she didn't want them any longer, they were put straight in the charity shop box ready to be donated. A bit less decluttering for me to do and a few more things added to the list of things that will be gone from the house this month.  I'm just awaiting the outcome of my eBay auctions now, to see if I a few more things are likely to be departing in the very near future.





No comments:

Post a Comment