Thursday 15 January 2015

A New Knitting Project

As I've mentioned before on this blog, I'm a very basic knitter, but not to be put off, I still knit and try to make the odd simple item from time to time.  Today, I've started on a new very simple project, to make another knitted scarf or snood (not decided which it is going to be yet).

The wool I'm using was purchased from John Lewis at the weekend.  I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it.  It's a 200g ball of Patons Big Fab Super Chunky in pea green.

Maybe not a colour everyone would choose, but I do have a penchant for a bit of bright green here and there, especially when the weather outside is as grey and blustery as it is at present.  I don't even know if it is acrylic, or wool, I suspect the former, but regardless, the best thing about it, aside from the wonderfully zingy colour, was the sale price - £1.58. (Please note the ball looks quite small in the photo - it isn't)



Yesterday afternoon, I decided to get started with it and using 7mm vintage plastic needles from my collection.  I cast on 15 stitches and am knitting this in a simple garter stitch.  I've been knitting this as I watched videos on YouTube and read blog posts, which has made it very enjoyable thus far. Here's how it is taking shape.  The stitches are quite tight using this size of needle, but I'm happy with the effect.  Simple, but snugly.


I have a special reason for buying and wanting to make something in this colour, which I will reveal a little later, possibly when it has been completed.

If I don't have enough wool on this ball, I do have another 200g ball of Patons Big Fab Super Chunky in Delphinium blue, so this may become a colour block scarf, which would make it slightly more interesting, I must admit.  I'll keep you posted.


Who says 'blue and green should never be seen'?



1 comment:

  1. Love the colours. I am actually knitting a little girls scarf for a friend out of some bright green yarn too.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete