Friday 12 December 2014

Friday Freedom

After two incredibly busy days out and about for lunch with friends and then at the hairdresser's and opticians, today I am looking forward to staying home and just pottering about.  Not only has it been busy, but expensive too.  I've had to purchase a new pair of glasses, as my prescription changed, but as mine are getting a little shabby, it's probably not such a bad thing, just the timing, coming just before Christmas.

Today, I'm going to take a nice long walk with the dog (in spite of the rain) and then I'm going to start some gift wrapping, especially of Little Bird's presents, as I'm out all next week.   I like to get it all finished before she finishes school for Christmas if I can, so I don't have to do it in hiding later.

I made a start on some wrapping the other day, as I had a few things in the bottom of the wardrobe which were too easy to peek at if Little Bird gets curious.  She may not, but I can remember doing this as a child, so I just want to keep things as much of a surprise as possible.

I do have to go to the school later today for an assembly and out to a class tonight, but the rest of the time is my own and I'm going to enjoy it.

2 comments: