Thursday 28 November 2013

A New Patchwork Project

As you might have guessed by now, I tend to have lots of different sewing projects on the go at any one time.  I'm currently in the process of making several things; a hand stitched patchwork throw for the sofa, a machine stitched padded Christmas table runner  (almost finished), a Christmas rag wreath and now I've started work on yet another Christmas project, but one which will not be finished for months.  It might not even be ready for a couple more Christmases, but is a great way to use up lots of small scraps of Christmas fabric that I have left over.

The project is to make a large hand stitched Christmas throw, probably for our bed or maybe for TV watching.  It could actually even become a table cloth I guess.  I'm using small diamond shapes, and when I first started on this I intended making them into stars, but have since changed my mind and am going to make them into larger diamond shapes which all fit together nicely to make a sort of harlequin effect. 

It really is going to be a long haul project, mainly because of the small size of all the individual pieces, but I don't mind that as it is nice to have something that I can work on whenever I feel like it and that will travel pretty easily when we go on holiday or away for a weekend.  Here's a picture of the pieces for the first two diamond blocks I've hand basted.  I think it might turn out quite nice by the time it's finished.  What do you think?


2 comments: