Saturday, 19 September 2026

Monthly Clothing Purchases - August 2026

A bit late, but here's last month's Monthly Clothing Purchases post.  After months of buying numerous items of clothing, I decided to try to reduce purchases this month, after all, I was trying to declutter by having a Car Boot sale, so it seemed pointless to keep bringing more into the house.


However, I failed at the first hurdle, after visiting a car boot sale with OH the first Sunday of the month. I came home with three clothing items. The first was this 100% linen navy tunic top, which I bought for £1. It's from Phase Eight, which is a quality brand. Trouble is, I didn't like the long lagen look length, so I have now shortened it to make it more wearable for me. The excess linen will always come in handy for patchwork or some other small sewing projects. I wore this to the cricket, and it was very comfortable on a hot day and looks quite smart too.


The second item I bought was this sweater with pouffy short sleeves for £1. I thought the sleeves were cute on this one. It's a little snug, but hopefully I will wear it when the weather gets colder, a good layering piece.


I also bought this pair of 100% cotton elasticated cuff trousers at the car boot, with nice big patch pockets. It was a bit of a gamble as to whether they would fit, but for £2, I thought it was worth the risk and happily it was. I've already worn them several times and they are very comfortable. I can see me wearing these a lot, as they are one of my favourite style of trousers at the moment.

A visit to the charity shop resulted in three more clothing items being bought.  The first was this jersey jumpsuit that cost £5. It's probably not everyone's bag, but I do like a jumpsuit, even if I just wear it around the house and garden. I've worn it once already and it is very comfortable to wear.



The next item I bought was this brand new with tags 100% linen shirt from M&S, which cost me £3. It's a very bright green colour, but I have some shoes this colour which I can wear it with, possibly layered under a sweater vest. A bargain, as it is a quality item.


The final item from this visit to the charity shop was a black shirred broiderie anglaise dress for £5, which I subsequently cut down to a skirt. I'm afraid I didn't take a picture of it as a dress, so here's the new skirt version which I've mentioned in another post.


On a second visit to my favourite London charity shop a couple of weeks later, I bought this cotton top, which I thought was really pretty for £3. I really like the paisley type print on it and the frilled neckline and sleeves.


I bought one more clothing item whilst we were away in Yorkshire, from a charity shop.  This top cost £4 and is made of cotton broiderie anglais. I liked the bright colour of it and the loose fit, although it is slightly itchy and I may need to wear a vest underneath it.

I did also buy a couple of fascinators with a view to wearing them for the wedding, but I didn't in the end, so I'll be re-donating them.  I probably paid £5 for the two, which was a bit of a waste of money really. I just came to the conclusion that they're just not my style.

In total then, in August, I spent £29 on second hand clothing/accessories, which was a little more than I spent last month, but less than previous months. I've been very happy with most of the items I bought though and some of them will be worn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment