This week, life has very much got back to normal. It almost felt flat on Monday after the World Cup finished, but I'm over it now.
On Monday, I did my grocery shopping out of town as usual. I spent more than I thought I would, leaving less for the final shop of the month. We'll just have to make do, as I really don't want to go over budget this month. No vouchers again this week, but I did pick one up to use in Sainsbury's next week, which was good.
I did visit the charity shop and tried on a basket full of clothes, but none of them looked very nice on, which is just as well really. I enjoyed the process though. It scratched an itch.
On Tuesday, I was up and off to Zumba again. Our regular teacher was back, so it was a good class. When I got home, it was much cooler, so I decided to make some jam and reduce some of the fruit we've got stored in the freezer, as it is choc full. I didn't make much space, but I did make a large jar of gooseberry and blackcurrant jam. I haven't really got many jam jars free to use. I think I must have recycled some of them by accident. I might have to save up some more before I can make more jam.
I spent the afternoon watching TV, which is unusual for me really. I was feeling a bit tired and there were a few documentaries I wanted to watch about regenerative agriculture. They were on Amazon Prime and are narrated by Woody Harrelson. It is a series of three; Kiss the Ground, Common Ground and Groundswell. The two I watched were interesting. I then watched a documentary about Knepp Castle in West Sussex called Wilding. I had read the book of the same name earlier this year, so it was good to see the successes that the estate's owners had re-wilding their land in a visual medium.
Wednesday, I didn't need to go anywhere, so I had a lovely day at home. I finished the pad I was making for the hand crank Singer machine, put away some laundry, did some household tasks and then dug out some fabrics that I'm going to use to make some clothes next month. It was a quiet day really, but enjoyable.
I headed off to Aerobics as usual on Thursday morning, which was good. I had another quiet afternoon at home. I always seem to feel tired after classes and I spent some of the afternoon, watching TV again, finishing watching the documentaries I'd started on Tuesday. I also watched one called Six Inches of Soil, which was about regenerative farming in the UK.
I met OH at the allotment in the late afternoon, where he was watering. I picked the last of the blackcurrants and dead headed my dahlias and we came back with a nice bag full of harvested produce, which I then washed and put in the fridge. I then had a little potter in the garden, dead heading the hanging basket and other flowering plants.
On Friday, I had a lie in before eventually getting up, showered and ready for the day. I made an effort getting dressed and put on a nice summery dress that I rarely wear, as I was intending to walk into our local town centre, but it was quite warm and humid today, so I thought better of it, as I didn't really need anything.
Instead, I decided to do a bit more sewing and altered a dress that I'd bought from a charity shop into a top. I also made some new straps for a jumpsuit that I also bought from a charity shop. I just need to stitch them on now. These were a couple of jobs that I've been meaning to do for a while, so it felt satisfying to get them done and get at least one of the items into circulation in my wardrobe.
The weather is heating up again here in London and was in the high 20's to 30 degrees today. It felt very humid though. I feel for all the people in France, Spain, Sicily, Norway and those in the UK that have been struggling with forest fires. It is tragic. I worry about how much wildlife has been killed, not to mention the people who will have lost their lives, homes and/or livelihoods as a result. It's becoming a very serious problem for the whole of Europe going forward.
I had another lie in on Saturday, followed by a massive wardrobe sort out, which took me all afternoon. I've posted separately about this. In the evening, OH and I finished watching the available series of The Morning Show. This has been a really good watch and I'm looking forward to the 5th and final series which will be released next year.
On Sunday, OH and I ventured out to the allotment in the morning to water and harvest. It's looking okay, but the soil is starting to look very dust like and fine. We certainly need to add lots of manure/compost and other conditioning treatments over the winter to improve it. We're currently up to about 45kg of produce harvested and are hoping to reach 50kg or more by the end of the growing season. It's actually quite interesting when you start to weigh it all.
After lunch, we both headed to the gym for a workout. When we got back, I found a new modern series of Bergerac on BBC iPlayer, so I binge watched a few episodes of that, which was quite good. Later, after supper, OH and I watched the World Darts Matchplay final which was won by Luke Littler.
It's been a warm week and we've got another hot week ahead of us, which I aren't looking forward to. I'm over all this hot weather now, I can't wait for some rain. At least I managed to get a few things done this week, which is progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment