Wednesday 12 July 2023

A Sunday Visit to the Car Boot Sale

On Sunday morning last, OH and I decided to head out to our favourite car boot sale. It's the first time we've been to this particular one this year, and as OH wasn't cycling, we decided to make the most of it and have a morning out.

We managed to get there by about 10am. It only cost 50p each to get in and it was quite busy. Not as busy as usual, as there were quite a few gaps where people had already packed up and left, but busy enough.

I wandered off around the stalls whilst OH took care of the dog. It really is no fun trying to drag her around with me.  He was able to sit and have a coffee and take his time. To be honest, it only took me an hour to walk around the stalls. I didn't spend a lot, as there wasn't really too much I needed, but I did come home with a few things.



The first item was this brown glass bottle for 50p. I really liked the shape of it and will probably use it to make a reed diffuser. I had some spare reeds at home I could put in it and I will probably buy some ready made scented diffuser oil to use in it, as when I've tried to make it myself in the past, it hasn't quite worked.

Next, I bought a black dress for £1, which will be nice to wear around the house in the summer. I was surprised that it fitted me, as it is two sizes smaller than I normally wear. It is a loose style, but it boosted my confidence to fit into it. It just needs a wash before I can wear it.

I also bought a pair of linen mix black pants for £1 to wear in the summer too. They were my normal size and fitted okay when I tried them on, save for them being a little too long.  I turned the hems up when I got home, stitched them in place and they are now ready to wear.

The last couple of things I bought were this Weight Watchers recipe book for £1


 

and a brand new perfume for £3. 



The WW recipe book is over 10 years old, but it has some great lower calorie recipes in it and I'm looking forward to trying some of them out. A great buy.

Although the perfume is only a 20ml bottle, it is a fruity summery scent. It was still in it's sealed packaging, but there was a tester available, so that I could tell what it smelt like and it was lovely. I'm almost out of perfume, so finding this at a good price when I'm on a tight budget was a nice treat.

Having finished up at the car boot sale, OH and I then headed home, stopping off at a pub for lunch. I haven't been eating out much lately, as I find it hard to stick to my calorie allowance, mainly because you don't always know the calorific content of meals eaten out. 

I chose a Roast Beef salad on this occasion, but half way through eating it, I realised that it was quite high in calories, as it contained quite a lot of blue cheese and walnuts. It was a healthy option though and was very tasty. I let OH finish off some of the cheese, as I didn't want to eat it all.

It was a lovely morning out, and even if it did mean no snacking for the rest of the day, as my calorie allowance couldn't justify it, it was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment