Sunday 31 January 2021

A Few Current Favourites

It's difficult to write a favourites post when you're not buying anything or going anywhere, but there have a been a few things that I've been enjoying of late that I can mention here.

TV and NETFLIX wise, I've really enjoyed Pretend It's a City on NETFLIX, a docuseries by Martin Scorsese about American humorist and writer Fran Liebowitz who lives in New York. I'd never actually heard anything about her before watching this series, but found her to be a woman after my own heart. I like her style and humour. Definitely worth a watch. Similarly, I re-watched a documentary film about US writer Joan Didion, which was also on Netflix and was very interesting.

On TV, I've started watching It's a Sin, Finding Alice and have recorded the new series of Marcella to watch at some point in the near future.

On YouTube, I've become re-acquainted with blogger Frugal Queen, who now has a YouTube channel called Frugal Queen in France, where she now lives. I've also been enjoying Caroline - Mrs M - Over 50 Lifestyle channel since December. I find her very watchable. To be honest, I need to do a full cull of the channels I subscribe to, because I hardly ever watch some of them anymore.

I'm also enjoying reading through my unread fiction bookshelves. I'm now on book three and everything so far has been quite readable. The best bit is being able to declutter them after they've been read though. Very satisfying.

My other main favourite of the moment is continuing to make hand stitched quilts. I just keep starting new ones, so that I've got something to work on at all times. At least it's making use of my fabric stash, as well as keeping me occupied. I'd probably go a bit mad if I couldn't do something a bit creative with all this time.

Other than this, there's very little keeping me amused. I don't feel inclined to spend money online, which is new for me. I don't actually need anything. That's progress at least. 

I'm looking forward to the weather getting a bit warmer and getting out into the garden and onto the allotment. The whole plot needs digging over before the new growing season starts, which we may do at some point in February. Another tidy up in the garden would also be useful at some point. It's way to cold and unappealing at the moment though.

How are you keeping yourself occupied in lockdown?

3 comments:

  1. I have been watching Fining Alice and enjoyed it so far. Only watched half the first episode of Marcella found it a bit too violent for me so decided not to carry on with it - I found her a bit of a frustrating person anyway!
    Looking forward to seeing your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new season of Marcella!!! I will need to watch that for sure.

    I finally finished my hand quilting last week I believe and pulled out the other sandwiched quilt top. I am now trying to decide if I want to hand quilt or machine quilt. I did hand sew the binding on the first quilt and quite enjoyed it. I may do the same on this one.

    Frugal Queen also does Facebook posts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't know what I did during January, I certainly didn't achieve anything!

    I don't have Netflix but I've heard a few people mention Marcella recently so I think I might give that a go, thanks for your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete