Tuesday 12 February 2019

Keeping in Touch

First of all, another apology for being so absent from my blog.  I'm trying hard to keep in touch and still reading as many posts as I can.

Things are changing again at work. I was told this week that my Fixed Term contract is ending early in two months time, on account of the original Shop Manager returning to the shop in a couple of weeks time, due to his secondment ending.

There may still be a chance for me to have a paid position, but there are no guarantees. I'll let you know how it pans out. In the meantime, work is crazy busy and we have very few volunteers to do the work.  Same old story really.

Anyway, less of work, I have a week off next week for half term, which I am looking forward to. I really need to get on top of the housework and we may go away for a few days, somewhere in the UK.

It's getting to that time of year when I need to do some work at the allotment.  For the time being, it has been covered in horse manure and we will be digging it in over the coming weeks in preparation for some sowing and planting.

OH has ordered us a new fridge/freezer, so that should be arriving pretty soon, and he invited builders around the other day, to get a quote for some interior decoration work that he just doesn't get the time to do these days.

I managed a meal out with friends from the gym last week, in a restaurant near Canary Wharf, which was nice.  It was good to catch up after not seeing much of one another for a few months.

LB worked her first day in her new part time job last weekend and she loved it. She was helping out at a vintage clothing kilo sale and really enjoyed it. She'll hopefully be working one day each month when they have the kilo sales, which isn't too onerous, considering that she's studying to sit her GCSE's this year. It will be good for her to have a little distraction from all of the studying.

Not much other news going down here, but I'll keep you posted.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely to catch up on your news. Have a great half term break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a post from you. Have a lovely holiday from work.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read your post again. Hope it all works out for you at your work place. Have a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost missed your post - nice to hear from you and know how things are going. It doesn't seem very good to me that they keep on changing contracts etc after all isn't a contract a binding document whether written or verbal - I am not sure how some people can plan their financial affairs if they do not know if they will be in paid work or not.
    Hope you have a lovely break you more than deserve it. My Russian SIL has now given up as manager of her CS - she is absolutely worn out the more she gave the more they expected. She always maintained the highest takings in her area but it was never enough. Shame really - they lost a good person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear from you.

    Your contract ended sooner than expected just goes to show that it's not the quality of the work you do it's how the business is structured that counts sometimes. I'm sure things will work out for the best whether you stay with them or not.

    Enjoy half term.

    ReplyDelete