Thursday 29 March 2018

Errand and Chore Day

Tuesday this week was my only full day off work, as the shop manager is away this week and I've been going in for all or part of the rest of the weekdays. I was feeling a bit tired after a not so good night's sleep, but was determined to get a few chores and errands done on my one day off.

It didn't help that OH was going away early to catch a plane. He's gone off cycling with his chums for a couple of days, so I'm left in charge at home too. Work was a bit crazy on Monday (what's new) and I had so much going through my mind that it took a long time to finally get to sleep.

Anyway, I woke quite early and read for a while, before getting up and ready, having breakfast, doing the washing up, putting some washing on and then heading out with the dog. By the time we got back it was 11ish, so it was time for tea and a hot cross bun, before doing some more chores.

I collected some washing off the drier and hung out the new wash and then caught up on a bit of blog reading and YouTube watching.  Then it was time for lunch and I treated myself to a big healthy salad and a left over chicken drumstick.

I'd given myself really bad indigestion at the shop on Monday, by trying to eat my sandwich way too fast and do various other things at the same time, so I was determined to enjoy my lunch without rushing on this occasion. I really need to slow down at work and eat properly. OH is always telling me the same thing and after this incident, I realise that he is, of course, right. I'm already prone to irritable bowel, so not taking time over my meals isn't a good idea for me.

After lunch, I headed out and about to do some errands.  I needed to re-heel some boots, that took very little time and only a handful of wears to wear out.  I made sure to ask for heavy duty heels so that they would last longer.  For just a couple more pounds, it's definitely worth it.

I also needed to take a letter to the bank to close one of my business accounts and finally draw a line under it. I made the mistake of wandering into a charity shop on the high street and came out having spent £10 on a black denim dress for me and this book, which sounds an interesting read. It was £3.

When I got in it was time for the second dog walk of the day, before settling in for the night, making supper, feeding the dog and finishing off the ironing. I ended the day with a shower in readiness for going back to work the next day. I didn't get everything I wanted to do done, but did what I feasibly could. The rest will have to wait until the weekend. 

Fortunately for me, the dog is going to the dog walker during the day on two of the days I'm working this week, courtesy of OH, to give me one less thing to worry about.  She should enjoy the company and at least I won't have to worry about her being home alone all day, which she isn't used to.

Sometimes, I guess you just have to do whatever you can to just get by and keep on top of things as much as you can.  This week (well, the whole month if I'm honest) was definitely one of those times.


2 comments:

  1. I always tried to take a small break to eat at the charity shop, some don't. I needed that ten minutes or so to recharge. Hope you are ok and have a good Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just do what you can. Something I am slowly learning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete