Friday 8 September 2017

Loving Lately

Well, I thought I'd do one of these posts, as I haven't done one for a while, mainly because I haven't been buying all that much lately (save for since I've been working and have had a little more income).

The first thing I've been enjoying is this perfume that I bought from Primark.  The packaging is a little bit 'Jo Malone' ish, don't you think? Nice and simple anyway. This one is Mandarin and Basil and smells pretty nice.  It's just to wear for work really and at £8 for this 100ml bottle it was a bargain. (I know, the natural product preference has taken a back seat for a while, until the overdraft is paid off!)



The second thing is also from Primark and is this rucksack in pale grey PU. My previous rucksack that I've been using every day for the past six months was from here too, it's similar but is black and is starting to show serious signs of wear and tear.  As they don't do a black one anymore, or not in the store I looked in, I thought I'd have a change and go for grey this time.  At £10, it was also a bargain, especially if it lasts 6 months again. It's a great size for me as it has enough room in it to carry my lunch and water bottle to the CS and has several good pockets inside and out to allow quick access to all my bits and pieces that I carry around with me every day.



Talking of water bottles, I'm liking my Klean Kanteen too, which I bought from the CS. I don't use it all the time though, as I don't want it to get all dented and bashed around. I will probably use it for the gym when my current bottle, which is one LB doesn't use anymore, has given up the ghost.  The only thing with the Klean Kanteen, is that if you try to drink from it on the go, the neck of the bottle is so big that invariably water splashes out and down your clothes.  I found that out to my cost. Not ideal, but it's only water.



I'm loving my new domed transparent umbrella that I bought when I was in Yorkshire to replace the one I left in the Nike shop.  With all the rain we've had in recent weeks, it has come in useful.  I like the fact that it is domed and doesn't blow inside out easily, and I also like the fact that I can see through it and see where I'm going.

Finally on a media front, we've just finished watching a Spanish crime series called 'I Know Who You Are' which was broadcast on BBC Four recently.  It was quite complex in terms of the plotlines, but enjoyable. I'm currently watching 'STRIKE - The Cuckoo's Calling' and enjoying that too when I get the chance to watch it.

On a daily basis I'm loving listening to BBC Radio London in a morning, when I'm sat on the bus on the way to work.  It's useful for transport news in London and for just generally keeping me up to date with news stories in the capital. Vanessa Feltz's is great in a morning with her phone in talk show about London, life and topical issues in the news, which is entertaining. I put on my earphones, switch on the radio app on my phone and I'm in a little world of my own for the hour's bus journey. Bliss.






2 comments:

  1. I need a little back pack for walks out with friends with water and lunch. I also won a raffle ticket recently so chose a small book on wild flowers to take with us.
    Hope you have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete