Monday 3 June 2024

A Strange Week - W/E 1st June 2024

This week has been a strange one for us. Following on from my last post about losing our lovely dog, we've been numb and upset in equal measure. Neither OH nor myself knew what to do with ourselves at first, but we've just been trying to carry on as best we can.

We felt a little better once she was safely buried, although it wasn't an easy thing to do. The house is quiet without her and we keep seeing things around the house that remind us of her. OH had to let our dog sitter know, as he was supposed to be looking after her when we go on holiday next month. He was sad to hear the news. The only positive in this whole situation is that we'll never have to leave her again.

On Wednesday, after returning home to London, I went out for a run. I bumped into a fellow dog walker, which upset me. I then headed to Soca Aerobics to keep myself busy. I'd not been for a good few months. I enjoyed the class though. It was nice to go back. In the evening, we watched the final episode of Race Across the World. We were happy for the eventual winners. Such a great series. Gives us that wanderlust.

On Thursday, I headed out to do a weekly shop. We were low on most fresh things, although there was still plenty of food in the house. Talking of food, I didn't put on any weight over the weekend at the wedding. I didn't drink a whole lot and was a careful what I ate, although not too careful. I like alcohol, but I don't like the after effects as I get older. 

Later on Thursday, I did some end of month financials, to get back on track with my finances after being away.

Friday, was a bit of a meh day. It was grey and rainy and I didn't feel motivated to do much. It was also my last day of annual leave before heading back to work. I went for a run in the morning and then later I decided to walk into our local town centre to do an errand. I got plenty of steps in at least and it was Payday too, which was a positive.

On Saturday, I returned to the free gym session for over 50's. I'd not been to the gym for a few weeks, nor to this session, so I was happy to go back and have a good workout. I need to focus more on doing some strength work, as I'd put it on the backburner whilst I was training for the 5K race. OH was cycling most of the day and I was due into work in the evening.  I felt a bit more motivated today and did a deep clean of the bathroom, which felt good.

Work was super busy in the evening, which meant that it passed very quickly. I am on the rota to work quite a lot of shifts next week, so the sooner I get back used to working the better.

It's been a subdued week this week. I have just focused on getting caught up with sleep and getting back into a routine after the events of the weekend. Hiring the camper van was great, as it meant we had our own space, but it doesn't always provide the best night's sleep, especially in the circumstances we faced. Just taking it one day at a time at the moment.

I hope you had a good week.


3 comments:

  1. They leave a huge hole in our lives, I see Grace and Purdy everywhere, it's just natural to look where they loved to sleep, we still have their beds and bowls, so sometime, we might just go looking for a kitten, but not yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that we could face getting another dog anytime in the next few years. I'd never say never though as they bring so much joy and companionship.

      Delete
  2. After our 21 year old cat passed, Harvey said no more cats. I doubt very much we would ever find another as sweet as she was. Also we are getting up in age and if our next cat lived that long she/he would probably out live us.

    Sounds like you had a busy week and getting back into the swing of working once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete