Sunday 11 April 2021

Coming Out of Lockdown W/E 10th April 2021

This week started with my feeling a little bit more productive. Knowing I only had two days left before returning to work, did give me more motivation to finish off a couple of tasks on my To Do List. 

When I got up on Easter Sunday morning, I didn't need to take the dog out, as OH had taken her, so I immediately got on with sorting out the spare bedroom/sewing room. This room has been a general dumping ground all through the last year and it's ironic that I started sorting out this room at the beginning of the first Lockdown and finished this (hopefully) last Lockdown sorting it out once again. 

Having finished the painting of the linen cupboard on the landing, there were a couple of boxes that I could return to the top of it. This in turn created space around my sewing table, so that I could get to the shelves and clean them and the table, which had become very dusty in the intervening period. It felt so nice to get some order back into the room. 

Whilst there is still a whole pile of stuff to take to a Give and Take when they resume, this may still be months away. There is, however, much more room now to move around and I could finally put my new sewing machine in there and will actually be able to use it at my sewing table. It felt like being able to breathe again. 

There was just one corner that I still couldn't get to, but I'll tackle that when all the unwanted stuff has gone.

After spending most of the morning in the sewing room, I went downstairs to find that it was a lovely sunny day. Whilst having some lunch and catching up on watching a few YouTube videos, I continued with creating rectangles for my new quilt and then I decided to do a little work in the garden whilst the weather was good. I proceeded to dig over both of the raised beds and added some fertiliser in readiness to put my dahlia tubers in next month and for OH to sew lettuce seeds into later the same day. 

I then decided to tidy up the front garden. The path still had leaves that needed clearing and the ivy on the front wall needed trimming. It didn't take long. 

I did the dishes and a couple of loads of laundry and then decided to spend an hour in the hammock reading a new book. A pretty busy around the house and garden Easter Sunday for me. 

As Easter Monday was my last day on Furlough, I decided to spend it doing a much needed deep clean of the kitchen. For once, I started with the oven, mainly because it's the dirtiest job, and also if I focused on it first, I knew I would do a proper job. I don't think I've cleaned it so well in a long time, although it did but me behind a little. I also prioritised cleaning out the fridge. I stopped at 6.30pm to cook an Easter roast. We didn't have it on Sunday as LB was out meeting friends. 

Later in the evening, I finished as much of the kitchen as I could, LB cut my hair and I carried out some self care in readiness for returning to work. 

Tuesday, after hardly sleeping the night before, I dragged myself out of bed to get ready to go to work. The bike ride in was great, but I'm not as fit as I was, so it took a little longer. Work itself was okay. There was a lot to do this week and the Shop Manager isn't returning for a couple of weeks, so I just had to get my head down and get the work done in time to re-open on Monday. 

It was good to get back to the shop though and have a change of scenery. I'm looking forward to settling back into a regular work routine over the next few weeks. Wednesday and Thursday, I was back at work again and by Thursday, the cycle ride was taking it's toll after three consecutive days. 

Anyway, we managed to get everything done that we needed to, rallied a few volunteers to open most days next week, worked our part-time hours over the three days, thus finishing for the week, until the shop can re-open on Monday. An intense 3 days, but job done. 

Friday, I was happy to be home and to have a free day. In the morning,I had a lovely long lie in and read my book for the first time since Monday. Then I got up to take the dog out. It was very sad to hear that Prince Phillip had passed away. 

After lunch, LB and I headed to ASDA to do a top up food shop and then we called into Poundland. I hadn't been for months and decided on the spur of the moment to go in and have a look. I managed to spend £33 in there, which was crazy. 

Some of it was for LB, some bits for the garden and house, some food and dog treats and a couple of items of clothing for me to wear to work. I remembered why I hadn't shopped there for a while - I spend far too much when I do. 

Saturday, I had a very lazy day at home, which is nothing unusual. It's been a busy and eventful week, in which I've enjoyed getting back to work, but it has been quite tiring too, especially after so long not working. I'm sure I'll get used to it again though. I hope you've had a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I was sad to read about Prince Phillip as well. He and the Queen were together for so very long. Through good times and bad.

    Good for you on getting things done before heading back to work. Shhh, my sewing/craft room always seems to be in need of a good tidy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete