Wednesday 14 October 2020

Getting Nowhere

I don't know what's going on with me at the moment, but I seem to be very unproductive in my spare time and getting very little done.

Partly, I think it's tiredness from cycling to work, and partly just a lack of focus on my part.

At the beginning of the month, I wrote a long list of things I wanted to try to get done this month, but very few of them have been crossed off thus far. Progress is very slow indeed.

Some things on the list won't get done, as they involve a financial outlay, which is fair enough.  Many others would cost nothing, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to do them.

I don't think it helps that the news about Covid is all over the place again at the moment. Talk daily swings from one idea to another to deal with the impending crisis.

Today, for example, there's lots of pressure for some sort of two or three week circuit breaker lockdown either in October or now they're talking about December, which would totally make sense, to coincide with the Xmas/New Year period.

Maybe I'm biased, as this is the only way I'd be getting any time off this Christmas, but also, how many people take the whole two weeks off work over the festive season anyway. Yes, the Boxing Day and January sales might have to be postponed for a couple of weeks, but is this really such a bad thing? Maybe, it would be better to know exactly what's coming and be able to plan for it.

I think we've more or less resigned ourselves to not being able to visit family this Christmas, and I know it will be difficult not to have big family gatherings, but these could all take place at a later date. It's disappointing, but who wants to risk giving their loved ones the virus this Christmas?

I'm sure the arguments are going to rumble on and on for the next two months, and we'll find out one way or another at some point.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to get my Christmas shopping done bit by bit, pick up some bits and pieces of food for the Festive period and try to work as hard as I can for the Charity I work for, so they can make as much money as possible whatever happens.

It's no wonder I can't concentrate, but I must try harder to get more done on my days off.

3 comments:

  1. I'm also having trouble concentrating and getting anything done in my spare time too. I'm not even reading so much- mainly playing Scrabble online. I hear all the talk about Circuit breakers but they always say schools will stay open which whilst understandable, means I'll still be commuting on the trains every day. I'm so tired after school and I'm not even doing all my regular clubs and assemblies- I am doing 11 less regular activities at the moment. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, though I am pushing to get things completed I don't think I will get everything done that needs doing.

    Covid and all its many faces is taking over our lives, at least the lives of all of us sensible people. The anti-maskers and those who won't social distance scare me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat, I do some crafting but only very simple stuff, my concertation is haywire. I wish those in power and those who would like to be could work together, we all know this is going to get worse before it gets better and our winter is going to be one of staying at home, but their point scoring over each other is crazy as is each country having different rules when our land boarders mean people can travel freely. It's up to us to choose to behave, sadly so many are not.

    ReplyDelete