Saturday 8 June 2019

A Week of Catcing Up

It's been a week since we got back from Center Parcs. We had a nice break despite some disagreements. Sometimes people seem unable to just enjoy a relaxing break, without creating drama. Anyway, the weather was a bit changeable, but we managed to do lots of swimming, cycling, badminton and I did a couple of classes whilst there. We were glad to get back to London, unsure that it turned out to be such a good idea, but the original intention was good.

In the week since we've been back, I've been busy catching up both at work and at home. I worked the early part of the week, so had done my days by Wednesday evening, leaving me with five days off to enjoy, before going back again.   The stockroom needed some serious attention, as some of the interns are not the tidiest and there was a huge pile of donations for me to work through too.  I managed to get it back under control, but it was an intense couple of days and had a knock on effect on my days off.

As a consequence of the above, my first two days were a bit of a wipe out, as I was really tired.  I did a few small jobs and a few errands, but didn't really get much done at all.

On Friday night, OH booked us a badminton court at our local sports centre and we had an enjoyable sporty date night. We've decided that we're going to book a court every couple of weeks, as we enjoy playing together.

A couple of things I have been doing this week have been my quilting and reading a book I got for Christmas or my last birthday, by Courtney Carver and called Soulful Simplicity.  I'm quite enjoying it and can feel another round of decluttering coming on.

Talking of which, LB has had another major clear out this week.  She's now got just 3 GCSE exams left to do next week, and so she decided to clear out her bedroom this weekend.  It's looking very tidy now and I've got a whole raft of stuff to pass on either to the charity shop or the Give and Take.  There was a Give and Take today, but OH needed the car so I couldn't get to it, but there's another in September, which I'm hoping to get to, as the pile of items to take is growing rapidly.

Having recovered from work and following LB's good example, on Saturday I decided it was time to do some cleaning myself. It's been a couple of months since I cleaned through the house on my week off, and to be perfectly honest it was a mess. I spent the whole day on it and was pleased to more or less get the whole house clean.  It wasn't the deepest clean, but it feels a whole lot better now it's done.  I've now just got a huge heap of ironing to do and quite a bit more washing and then I should be on top of things. With two more days to go before I got back to work, I'm hoping to get most of it done by then.

Tonight, however, I'm going to walk the dog, make some supper and then settle down in front of the TV and do some more quilting. A perfect reward after a busy day of cleaning. What are you up to this weekend?



1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you are going to have a great time settled with your quilting and the television.

    I have to help set up for a brunch and Ministry fair at the church tonight, and then tomorrow man a couple of booths at the fair. Still I did manage some quilting today and I have started to put the binding (pinning) onto that quilt. If I am lucky and get away early tomorrow I hope to finish it off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete