Friday 23 February 2018

US Thrift, Beauty and Dog Haul.

As promised, I thought I'd do a little haul post of the items I brought back with me from the US.  No fancy 5th Avenue shopping for me, most of these items came from thrift stores, Marshalls (TK Maxx) or other stores.

I'll start with my Thrift store purchases.  The photography isn't great, but you'll get the drift. 

I bought the following from various Thrift Stores/Good Will stores:

Two pairs of jeans;

Black Levi's 501's



and Blue 7 For All Mankind at $9.99 each.



One black and white printed skirt for $7.99. This will look cute with a belt and tights.



One vintage black velvet jacket for $10.  I used to have a similar one in dark green which I loved and wore a lot, then I donated it. I have often regretted it since and when I saw this one, I couldn't resist it.



One book for $4.34 (incl. 35 cents tax)



One piece of very cute fabric, which I later realised was called Central Park by Moda.  Fitting souvenir of our visit. There's probably about 2 metres here of unused lovely quality cotton and it cost just $4.34 (including 35 cents tax).


From Wholefoods, I bought my favourite brown Pacifica Mascara, which cost $13.99 plus tax. (Not sure how much tax, but this still made it slightly cheaper than buying it here. (only by a few pence though)



From Marshalls, I bought three facial washes (don't ask me why I bought so many, but they were so reasonably priced I couldn't help myself).

Two by Acure , which were only $5.99 each plus tax.





And one by Pacifica, which normally retails at $10.99 in the US, but was only $3.99 plus tax.



Together, these should last me an age, providing they agree with my skin, of course.



From Duane Reade pharmacy, I bought this Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream for $12 plus tax.  I usually pay up to £25 for a natural foundation/BB cream here. (Although I got lucky for my last one and found one in TK Maxx for £4, but I'll probably never be able to do that again)



Finally, I bought the dog a new rain coat. So cute. I'm not sure she thinks so though.  Plus some new small squeaky Kong balls, that she loves. Approx, $20 plus tax.

Oh, and I did buy a new toothbrush from Whole foods too, which had natural bristles and cost $4.99 plus tax, but I don't really like it as the bristles come out too easily and end up stuck between your teeth, so I've ordered some bamboo ones on eBay and will probably use it for cleaning instead.



Talking of eBay, when I got home, I also ordered myself this book by Tim Ferris, that I was hoping to buy in the US, but didn't.  I found it in Barnes and Noble there, albeit in a Hardback version, for $30 and couldn't bring myself to spend so much money on one book, not to mention the weight of it in my suitcase going home. Instead, I paid £11.98 on eBay for a paperback version.  It's a massive book and will take some reading, but I'm really looking forward to it.

So, there you go. I think I've been quite restrained for a trip stateside, but you might disagree.


4 comments:

  1. I think you were very restrained. I ended up dumping some of my clothes when I went there for Christmas shopping four years ago.....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to dump an old towel to get rid of some weight, but it was worth it to save $124.

      Delete
  2. Wow those are some great bargains and better than novelty tourist gifts and souveniers you have things you will use all the time. I do particularly like the fabric - let us know what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete